Oh Noes! The RTS Game Got Me!

CreepCreep Hell Icrontian
edited April 2004 in Gaming
I've fallen victim to War Craft 3, Once I beat it I'll have to install the Expansions and beat those too.

wc3ss2.jpg

I love building an uber good defense.....

Comments

• leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    only way to have fun is to play online!!!
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Sorry M8 your wrong Warcraft III is uber fun in single player! The last mission took me atleast 5 or 6 times to beat. I still havent beat the expansions
    edited April 2004
    yeah it's uber fun the first time, but then it's not fun anymore, the real fun in RTS in multiplayer!!!
  • CreepCreep Hell Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    My experience with multi-player games is that everyone who is better then you acts like a jerk. I like single player games so I dont have to listen to some kid whine the whole time im playing.. I still have to beat the expansions AFTER I beat ROC, right now im stuck on the night elves, and they suck.. alot..
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited April 2004
    Have you tried Command and Conquer: Generals?

That game is a blast multiplayer. Its my favorite RTS game as I usually dont play them. Give it a try.
  • ginipigginipig OH, NOES
    edited April 2004
    CC:Generals is awesome! I've since retired from multiplayer fps.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    I love Generals. Better than Warcraft IMO. I'm a big C&C fan though, so I'm biased.
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Yep, me too.

~Cyrix
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited April 2004
    Now this ain't right! lol Is that from cheats? Or do you just have a lot of money? Single player isn't as good with cheats.
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited April 2004
    WarCraft III and HomeWorld 2 man. I have lost all ability to be productive since I rediscovered those games with my 9600AIW. Any opinions on SpellForce? It's supposed to be Hero-Based RTS and that just seems like a cool idea. Anyone?
    edited April 2004
    bah i even bust out Starcraft wand warcraft II once in a while Speaking of this anyone play Darkstone? BEST GAME EVAR!
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited April 2004
    bah i even bust out Starcraft wand warcraft II once in a while Speaking of this anyone play Darkstone? BEST GAME EVAR!
    Lol Once in a while??? Starcraft owns!!
    edited April 2004
    for show, starcraft owns, i remember back in the days me and my friends play that game everyday after school with my 56k.

when my lag is 2 green bars, i go woot!!!
    those were the days.
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited April 2004
    Starcraft was and is still one of if not the best RTS out there. MAybe, just maybe, Starcraft 2, one day........
    edited April 2004
    TheGr81 wrote:
    Now this ain't right! lol Is that from cheats? Or do you just have a lot of money? Single player isn't as good with cheats.

Yes, that is a cheat code. I wanted to see the story line, not waste half my life trying to beat the game! And it was worth it because the story line was fricking awsome! FT was kinda lame but the ending was great. I think im going to start playing online now with some friends.
    edited April 2004
    yea I actually beat the game in 2 weeks time. It was great. FT is a diff story I am gonna haveta cheat to beat it !
    edited April 2004
    Well you talked me into buying WC3.

BTW its only 24$ at sams brand new.
    edited April 2004
    thats where i got mine but it was 40 when i got it
  • Morpheus-xXx-Morpheus-xXx- Twin Falls, ID
    edited April 2004
    I loved playing through Warcraft III. However, I ended up going with the cheats because I'm the kind of guy that likes to build and destroy. I don't like waiting for the guys to harvest all that wood. Mind you that's SinglePLayer, I dont' play online with this game 'cause I know I'd get schooled.

Now C&C Generals, THAT one is my favorite RTS of all time. The explosions and effects just plain rock, and you gotta love those super weapons. The expansion pack is like an entirely new game. That puppy I play online.
    edited April 2004
    Yeah I agree with ya on the fact speacial affects of c&c generals rock. The explosions and super weapons just kick a$$!!

Its also a LOT of fun playing against friends. My friends and just have a blast talking smack while we anialate each others armies. It never gets old.

I get schooled with a quickness if I attempt to battle on line :( . Those guys are good.
    edited April 2004
    I say like this. If you don't plan on playing the game online over battlenet, get it somewhere other then a store. It's a good game, but not for 40 bucks. I picked up the WC3 battle chest from newegg for 30 and it comes with WC3, Frozen Throne expansion and strat guides. What we should do is all get together one day/night and play on battlenet against each other since none of us are any good! Personally I like to strip mine the entire map before I start fighting.
    edited April 2004
    i would cept I am on a sat connection which sucks for gaming its horrible. When i get my own place by the end of this year ill take up the offer
    edited April 2004
    Hmmm......S-M games.... sounds like a good idea to me! :thumbsup:
    edited April 2004
    Gnome, it's a RTS game, you dont need a cable connection to play. Let me know when you guys want to get together and I'll be there!
    edited April 2004
    Do we want to play Generals or Warcraft?

We could lock down the server and password protect it. That way it's a S-M only thing, lol.
    edited April 2004
    I dont have generals, but for warcraft we could create a SM Clan and create our own games that only we could join.....
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Total Anihillation still rules with the TCAUP unit pack. More units than other games, 3D, massive battles and ace weaponary with units that do things that you always think "why couldn't it do this?". Well worth playing.
    edited April 2004
    i'm totally in for the warcraft3 SM clan, i have both the WC3 and the expansion, tell me what's up, so we can get this thing rolling.
    edited April 2004
    diddo !
    edited April 2004
    Pick what battlenet you guys want to play on, east, west, overseas. At lets do this!