Thread/Sticky Suggestion

edited April 2004 in Community
How about some software reccomendation stickies in the new security forum?

"Best Spy/Ad/Malware Removal Tool"

"Best Antivirus"

"Best Popup Blocker" (not quite germain to security but hopefully you see where I'm going with this...)

Or, perhaps for someone with some time on their hands, a guide (or series of guides) on how to keep your computer secure?

Just some thoughts for this new forum. (Which is a great idea, imo, btw)

Comments

• TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited April 2004
    best spyware tool - i say ad-aware or spy-bot, but hijackthis is essential to both

best antivirus - norton all the way

best popup blocker - EMS Free Surfer MKII or the integrated mozilla / myIE pop-up blockers

i know we already have a spyware removal guide
  • edited April 2004
    TheBaron wrote:
    best spyware tool - i say ad-aware or spy-bot, but hijackthis is essential to both

best antivirus - norton all the way

best popup blocker - EMS Free Surfer MKII or the integrated mozilla / myIE pop-up blockers

i know we already have a spyware removal guide

I know, I'm using all the stuff (except popupblocker) I mean more for our unregistered viewers.

I'm running Spybot SD, Adaware, Symantec AV 8.0, and the integrated Popup blocker w/ SP2 RC1.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Isn't that stuff on the front page under prof's articles of Short-Mediaware?
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited April 2004
    We are working on some of those suggestions, and Mr. Kwitko and I will be discussing what stickies to put in there, perhaps "recommended" downloads instead of "best" per se, but we certainly invite / encourage users to post polls for what they think are the best apps, and we can sticky any of those polls if we want to to stop them from dropping off the main page. So if you want to start a poll to help people make good choices, feel free, and if Mr. K and I think it is a good one to sticky, we'll sticky it :)

Dexter...