power for an extra fan on a msi board?

robbyrobby Olympia, WA New
edited April 2004 in Hardware
I'm using a MSI kmpm combo-l (601-6738-010) but I can't find anywhere to power an extra fan. Any help?
*edit* this is the fan and board.

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    right here :D

there's only one on the board...
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    he said "extra"...

There are two on that board. One right next to the chipset passive heatsink and the one shwaip circled. If you mean a third, I don't think there is one... You'll probably need a 3pin to 4pin molex adapter.
  • robbyrobby Olympia, WA New
    edited April 2004
    Thanks! Just placed my order.
    edited April 2004
    he said "extra"...

There are two on that board. One right next to the chipset passive heatsink and the one shwaip circled. If you mean a third, I don't think there is one... You'll probably need a 3pin to 4pin molex adapter.
    The one circled seems to only supply my cpu cooling. hmm. maybe a closer look.

PS, nice to hear back from you, prime, almost thought I upset you for some reason. If true, PM me so we can talk. :)
    edited April 2004
    TOODFART! this fan is damaged! Time to check the deal post for another one! :p
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Robby, I run all my case fans on all boxes I touch right from the PSU power harness. Connector not needed for most fans, and non-sensing fans are cheaper.

John D.-- who, if encouraged, will post a pic of the 4-pin to power lead tails he builds for his own use and post a parts and sourcing list. Hint, wire is 18 guage automotive harness wire, from a discount auto supply.