Well, well, well...

MorpheusMorpheus RPI, Troy, NY
edited July 2003 in Folding@Home
:hiding:

This is quaint.

So, you could say I'm somewhat behind the times. And for now, I stopped folding (did anyone notice?), mostly because I don't need the extra heat in my apartment.

Perhaps, with some convincing, I will rejoin the ranks....

So how has everyone been?

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!11 come back to fold. You know you want to.:)

Morph: You can code some right? PHP or JS?
  • MorpheusMorpheus RPI, Troy, NY
    edited July 2003
    :D

Yea, in fact I do PHP as my day job now. Which actually probably makes the incentive to do it at home less.

Anything is possible with enough effort (and a nearly-complete CS degree).
  • tychotycho Santa Barbara, California!
    edited July 2003
    Morpheus! good to see another RPI guy around!

Oh please, oh please start folding again, we could really use it
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    bro...just fold...plz??? my 2.53 ghz just fuxored up on me..and i dunno how long until i can get it back up
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    It's about time you came back, we have been shouldering the load for you for some time now, please, we're all a little tired and could use the help.:D

Congrats on the new job and if you ever feel the need to code@home, we could sure use some of your expertise.:)
    edited July 2003
    We NEED SIGS!!
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    mmonnin said
    We NEED SIGS!!
    Calm down Marc, I'm on it... sheesh.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Well Morph? Are you folding yet?
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Morpheus! :eek: blimey.. wondered what happened to ya!

Nice to see ya made it ;)
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Er, you have sigs, what are those blue elongated things in your sig space?

NS
    edited July 2003
    They are temporary sigs. Sadly, we can't keep leeching masses of bandwidth from our generous sig host/creator Park 7677.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Er, then why dont you just move it to the Short-Media server?

NS
    edited July 2003
    It was only ever designed as a temporary thing and very generously donated by Park.

We have had quite of alot of work gone into a really sweet sig generator, which is work progressing and hopefully will be finished up really soon.
    edited July 2003
    I meant that Morph could possible help you out with the coding Keebler.
    edited July 2003
    Alright, I've resumed folding on about 3 GHz between two machines. They will be off a lot until cold weather returns but its better than nothing.

Now to steal some JavaScript for a sig...

Two minutes later...

:rockon:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2003
    Morpheus said
    Alright, I've resumed folding on about 3 GHz between two machines. They will be off a lot until cold weather returns but its better than nothing.

Now to steal some JavaScript for a sig...

Two minutes later...

:rockon:

Glad you're back folding. Let's all hope for an extended cold snap in upstate NY!:celebrate

General Keebler said

Calm down Marc, I'm on it... sheesh.

Yeah Marc, don't nag the poor guy. Besides, I tried it and it didn't help...:vimp:

Prof:fold::fold::fold:
    (Who never means to be a nag :wave: )
    edited July 2003
    Actually its 4.8 GHz, my roommate has been folding all this time, when his machine is on. Might still have a box in my name in Milford, CT, too. So maybe 6.3 or something. But right now they probably all average 12hrs/day or so.

And please, we dont need any cold snaps... its bad enough here in the winter. ;)

Looks like the sigs are a day away... they're already working as you can see, just a matter of knowing how to customize the JavaScript for the generator, which I guess is almost done. :)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    You're a little sneak, morpheus, makin' sigs with the gen before I release it ;)

The coding really isn't that bad, it's just a matter of finding the critical parts and tweaking it slightly.
    edited July 2003
    Who needs a generator when you know how the code works. :D

Yea, back in like.. January... I weeded through all the JavaScript, figured out what it did, cleaned it up a lot (i.e., indenting and what not). I did that mostly so I could make the ProjDol sigs, which came out much different but it was still handy.

Of course, I never saw what generated it, but I did have a F@H stats parser working (and that was before they made those nice text files. Woo HTML parsing). Never did anything with that either.