Lame html? question

robbyrobby Olympia, WA New
edited April 2004 in Internet & Media
How would I go about adding this image ljcommunitybanner.jpg To the empty area at the right of my folding sig? Noob, I know :rolleyes:

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    As in underneath it?? :)

Use [ img ] [ /img ] tags.. I thought you meant.. AS your folding sig (I have sigs switched off normally).
  • robbyrobby Olympia, WA New
    edited April 2004
    Shorty wrote:
    As in underneath it?? :)

Use [ img ] [ /img ] tags.. I thought you meant.. AS your folding sig (I have sigs switched off normally).
    When I try to add it in myself it ends up underneath it, I would like it to be at the same height as the folding sig, but on the right.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    robby wrote:
    How would I go about adding this image ljcommunitybanner.jpg To the empty area at the right of my folding sig? Noob, I know :rolleyes:

In this case, UNDER it is where it will end up for some users, probably.

Under the part of the sig that says not to delete it, after the last line you put in, start a new line. THEN use tags. Probelm is, if you table it and force it to be NEXT to the sig, soem things might happen which some users will nto like, like having to scroll horizontally to see it, or having the forum threads it appears in gat blown too wide. So, please stick it UNDER the SIG.  You will need to get someone to have it on the web, so you can link to it, unless Shorty is allowing multiple images in sigs HERE.  John D.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    dont put a space between the two, so you would have...

[PHP]blahblah[/PHP]

The key is no space between the two sets of image tags. But I wouldn't do this as you will strech peoples windows if they are using anything below 1024 in width.
    edited April 2004
    Ageek wrote:
    In this case, UNDER it is where it will end up for some users, probably.

Under the part of the sig that says not to delete it, after the last line you put in, start a new line. THEN use tags. Probelm is, if you table it and force it to be NEXT to the sig, soem things might happen which some users will nto like, like having to scroll horizontally to see it, or having the forum threads it appears in gat blown too wide. So, please stick it UNDER the SIG.  You will need to get someone to have it on the web, so you can link to it, unless Shorty is allowing multiple images in sigs HERE.  John D.
    It is on the web, if that helps.
    *edit* sorry, didn't realise putting it next to the sig would cause problems.
    edited April 2004
    John's comments are right.. having alongside would make your sig over 936 pixels wide :eek:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Babies. If you're not running 1152+, you need to go. heh.
    edited April 2004
    Shorty wrote:
    John's comments are right.. having alongside would make your sig over 936 pixels wide :eek:
    Just out of curiosity, is the blank area completely unusable? From appearance the other image would fit there. :-/
    edited April 2004
    Thrax wrote:
    Im at 1600*1024 :p

But.. not everyone is .. so we gotta think of all those less fortunate than ourselves
    edited April 2004
    robby wrote:
    Just out of curiosity, is the blank area completely unusable? From appearance the other image would fit there. :-/

It's only blank on your screen, think about it....
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Can you not just stick them both in a table? I had something similar in the past on my sig.

~Cyrix
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited April 2004
    Thrax wrote:

1280 x 768 wide screen at work :)

Dexter...
    edited April 2004
    I'm 1152x864, am I in the big boy club? :wink:
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    What about me? 1280x1024 when doing standard PC stuff and 1600x1200 in games... :-p
    edited April 2004
    This is a rough idea of what I would like to do. It's smaller than it would be, obviously, but not by much.
    sig.jpg 33.5K
    edited April 2004
    robby, you got pm.

Did ya mean something like I've changed my sig to?? Or am I missing the point here guys?

~Cyrix
    edited April 2004
    He means like that, but you have now locked the Window to 1172 minimum, which will piss some people off....
    edited April 2004
    Naturally, but I haven't seen any mods telling him he can't do it. Thought maybe shorty or prime mighta said something.

Maybe he might use one of the smaller folding sigs and shrink the other pic a bit, I was only showing how to do it.

edit: robby, changed your pic a little n uploaded it to my site. Why not simply use your own piccy as your folding sig?? see my sig temporarily for an example.

~Cyrix