Wireless web access at McDonald's

SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
edited July 2003 in Science & Tech
McDonald's has decided to start another trial which will encompass several U.S based restaurants. The trial will help the company decide whether or not adding Wi-Fi access to the junk food experience is worth while or not. Personally I feel that this will only result in even more customer dissatisfaction, I mean, they can't even make descent burgers any more, how can they be expected to setup, configure and maintain wireless internet access? Still, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt with this one.
In San Francisco, McDonald's plans to charge $4.95 for two hours, although the company will offer deals that give people some access if they buy certain meals. Also, those who subscribe to Wayport's network will also be able to surf at McDonald's using their existing service plan. So will those who have roaming rights on Wayport's network, including customers of Verizon Wireless, AT&T Wireless and iPass.

The full report:
http://rss.com.com/2100-1039_3-1023844.html?tag=lh

Comments

• edited July 2003
    I'll take a Big Mac, a Triple Thick Shake, and a McWiFi... ...
    hahahaha
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    McWifi ;D

Just imagine someones insurance claim for their borked laptop..

"I was eating and then the mayonnaise fell into my keyboard and sparks started happening......"
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    How man McHours would you like with that McWiFi?
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited July 2003
    Will their be two tiers of access? Low-band and supersized?

"I'll have the McAccess combo with a coke please, supersize it."

Dexter...
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited July 2003
    Dexter said
    Will their be two tiers of access? Low-band and supersized?

"I'll have the McAccess combo with a coke please, supersize it."

Dexter...

LMAO;D
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    I think places charging for it is crap. They should do like independent coffee shops do and make wireless access free from their location. This would generate a lot more goodwill, and drum up more business than charging for access would.