Running Games in seperate window?

JustinJustin Atlanta
edited April 2004 in Gaming
Is there any way to run games (WC3, HW2, Starcraft, ect...) in their own window on the desktop? I know the performance advantages of this not happening but I was just wondering if this is an option as it would be very helpful for those slow times at work. If this can be done, I would assume the resolutions would have to match up, right?

Comments

• CreepCreep Hell Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Search google I guess, I know with Half life, Ghost Recon and a LOAD of other games I play are able to play in a window.
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited April 2004
    Is Thrax now Creep? Maybe not. Anyway, How do you pull that off?
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    ya either there will be a option to play in a serparate window in the video options of the game itself, or try to right click your link to the game on your desktop then go to properties there should be an option to play in a window there too.. not sure.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited April 2004
    a lot of times you need to add some tag to the shortcut, like -windowed (game specific)
  • CreepCreep Hell Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Justin wrote:
    Is Thrax now Creep? Maybe not. Anyway, How do you pull that off?

I didn't know you asked for HIS help and not EVERYONE's help, excuse me.
  • fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
    edited April 2004
    Creep wrote:
    I didn't know you asked for HIS help and not EVERYONE's help, excuse me.

Sounds like him though ;D

I know theres an option in FarCry to run in its own window. I have the game running at 1152x.... something and my desktop at 1280x1024. I mainly do it to go between FarCry and Aol.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited April 2004
    In Diablo II (a Blizzard game, same makers of WC3 and Starcraft) you could add a tag to a shotcut to diabloii.exe to make it run in a window. I'm pretty sure it's -window

You might want to try it with WC3 and Starcraft.