UT2004...thoughts

RPG-guruRPG-guru Onekama, Michigan
edited April 2004 in Gaming
wondering what people thought of UT2004, personally i thinks its great. I was also wondering if anyone has found bugs.

Comments

• edited April 2004
    I think it's great, too.

Only bug I have ever come accross is a GPF which happens seldomly.
  • floppybootstompfloppybootstomp Greenwich New
    edited April 2004
    Haven't played it much, too addicted to COD :D

I like it, trying real hard to get into Onslaught. Nothing worse than electing to be gunner for a lousy tank driver, that's no way to get killed ;)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    RPG Guru - why don't you come to the SM LAN next month and you'll get your fill of UT2K4 :) You're not that far away, and MrBojingles is coming, right?

:D
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited April 2004
    He's gotta know Bojingles....Onekama has approx. 100 residents. ;-)
    edited April 2004
    Well yeah, but so does Canada, and we have a ton of canadians on this site ;D

In fact, I think 80% of Canada visit short-media on a daily basis ;D
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    I really like UT2004. I bought UT2003 when it came out and enjoyed that. When I played the demo of UT2004 I was hooked and preordered a nice shiny copy of the DVD SE version of UT2004 immediately. If you ever want to play, go download XFire. My SN is Trekky8472.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Pretty fun game, me likes.
  • RPG-guruRPG-guru Onekama, Michigan
    edited April 2004
    yeah, i know mr. Bojingles, he lives like two miles away from me. I haven't logged on in a while so i not to up to date. Where is the LAN Party? If i remember its in detroit.
    edited April 2004
    oh yeah, i think im addicted to Call of Duty. It's one of the greatest games ever created. I love the jeep chase. absolutly wonderful.
  • ishiiiishiii Cold lake, AB, CA
    edited April 2004
    I love the game.
    FInally found a retail copy on sunday. It was killing me not having the multiplayer.
    And trust me I have been looking for it every weekend
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Nothing beats the Leviathon in the onslaught missions. 2 shots takes out the final power base.
    Definately one of the best of 2004 so far.
    edited April 2004
    RPGGuru:

First, see this thread, then check this one for the official info, and then PM me your confirmation, since there's only four days left to sign up :)
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited April 2004
    Personally I think its overrated. The graphics of the onslaught maps just dont look near as good as FarCry or BFV.

I am all about eye candy. Battlefield Vietnam has a great combination of beautiful grafix and action packed gameplay. I find myself playing that a LOT more than UT2k4.
  • tophericetopherice Oak Ridge, TN
    edited April 2004
    I love it, you can find me on XFire as topherice. Although, I have to agree with FormFactor when it comes to the graphics. UT2K4 can't touch the graphics in FarCry or BFV, but I played Desert Combat so much I'm kinda played out on BattleField, any flavor.
    edited April 2004
    i haven't had the chance to play BFV yet, but from what i have herd it good. True about the graphic's in UT2k4, far cry blows it out of the water.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    But the playing style in UT is completely different from that of BF. I understand the graphics thing, but It really depends on what you're into. If I feel like playing some fast paced game, I'll jump into a CTF game with Zoom InstaGib and maybe the game speed turned up.

If I want to kind of sneak around a little more stealthily, I'll pop in BFV.

Now, I'm not saying anything bad about either game. Honestly, I absolutely love them both. I just think that they shouldn't be compared to each other, as they are hardly similar except for the fact that they're in the FPS genre.
    edited April 2004
    ^^^^i agree.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    If you have enough time in a game of UT2004 to "view the scenery" and "swoon over the gorgeous rendered landscapes"... you are playing the wrong game :rarr:
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    I personally don't like it that much. Didn't like onslaught. The game in general just doesn't feel right. I still prefer the original UT.