Utilities Poll - Week 1 ; Vote Now!

SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
edited July 2003 in Science & Tech
What was the 'Short-Media Utilities Discussion' has now become the 'Short-Media Utilities Poll'. So after a two week trial run, we are starting the project again from the top.

Not many of you actually contributed to the original discussion threads:( , so in an effort to make you more willing, we've made it easier for you. So now instead of having to post your favourite utilities in a catagory each week, all you have to do now is vote in a poll every week or so, till enough info has been gathered to put together the final article, which will be named 'Short-Media Recommended Utilites'. So it couldn't be easier, so there will be no excuses this time for non-voters.;) :D

Just in case some of you are wondering what I'm going on about. Read this thread http://short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=701

As for the rest of you, get voting http://short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1282;)

Thanks.

SPINNER

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Do we really need THREE notifications of each Utilities Poll/Discussion? It's posted in News, Pub, and General Software... we get it already!
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2003
    GHoosdum said
    Do we really need THREE notifications of each Utilities Poll/Discussion? It's posted in News, Pub, and General Software... we get it already!

Not trying to be a nag...:D

Mainly, it's because the initial try at this project, in a very different (non-poll) format, did not generate a whole lot of interest.:rolleyes:

The ultimate goal is to come up with a list of Short-Media Recommended Utilities. The way things were going, some programs would have received the "Recommended " label based on the input of just a few people.

The selection format was changed to try and spark more interest - we want the results to represent the membership in general, not just a couple of people. To kick this off, we are trying to chat it up a bit, and reach as many people as possible. Once the word gets out you won't be constantly bombarded by notices.

Prof
    (Carnival Pitchman, Snake-Oil Huckster):D
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited July 2003
    profdlp said
    GHoosdum said

Once the word gets out you won't be constantly bombarded by notices.

Speak for yourself Prof', I'm planning to send GHoosdum a PM every day from now on, just to make sure he doesn't forget about it. :D;) Kidding.

Cheers
    edited July 2003
    Spinner, I look forward to your PM's! Seriously, though, I think we should generate a lot of interest in the poll. And then sticky the Recommended Utilities list so it's easily accessible always.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2003
    ...we know he's paying attention!:D

There is an old story about the business executive who remarked "I know that half the money I'm spending on advertising is wasted. The trouble is - I don't know which half."

Prof
    edited July 2003
    Forget the advertising dollars... just go with word-of-mouth like Spinner suggested... PM every member about the Utilities poll! ;D