Ninja Gaiden

RPG-guruRPG-guru Onekama, Michigan
edited May 2004 in Gaming
Ok, i have beaten the game and i dont know how to unlock the older games. I've gotten the alternate costume, but no retro action. Anyone know how to get the old games. :ninja:

Comments

• pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    I'm on my way to beating it, but I believe unlocking the games has something to do with the number of Scarabs. I'll have to look and my gf's brothers XBox magazine, it says how to do it.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited April 2004
    I have heard a lot of good things about this game, I think I will go rent it one day next week. I think being able to unlock the older games is a sweet addon.
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited April 2004
    Man you guys must be good. That game is soooooo hard! I cant seem to get past the guy on the horse on the bridge. That dude just smokes me.
    edited April 2004
    FormFactor wrote:
    Man you guys must be good. That game is soooooo hard! I cant seem to get past the guy on the horse on the bridge. That dude just smokes me.

lol, how long have you been trying to beat him? I don't think I had a strat for him, just make sure you keep moving, and jumping off every wall you can.

I just beat the game, opened the outfit, but no retro games. I know I had 40 or 41 Scarabs, and I know I missed some. I'll have to look some things up. edit// Looks like there are 50 Scarabs. Turn them all in and you get Ninja Gaiden 1.

As for people who don't have the game and are wondering, its very good. The storyline is kind of weak, but the combat is great, as are graphics and the rest of the gameplay. The only thing I don't like is the friggin camera. Sometimes its fine, but at other times, its HORRID. Can't anyone ever get a good camera??
  • RPG-guruRPG-guru Onekama, Michigan
    edited April 2004
    i think i finished the game with about 41 scarabs to. And FormFactor, if your having troubles with the horse dude, just wait till you progress in the game. It gets much harder. One good stratagy that worked great for me was repeating the flying sparrow over and over. You'll need the dragon sword to be level 2 however. Combine that with the guillotine throw, and its death from above. :ninja:
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    You can beat the horse guy by dodging his projectiles and then wait for him to get close, then slightly charge your heavy attack. when you hit him, you'll go through him, and he wont be able to hit you with his pike. keep doing that.
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited May 2004
    Ill give it a try.
    edited May 2004
    Just beat it on hard and with all 50 scarabs and got Ninja Gaiden 1. Apparently the only way to play Ninja Gaiden 1 is to play it at Hans bar in successive play until you beat it with it in the inventory, then it allows you to play it from the main menu. You get two and three by doing some things while replaying through the game.

Also, to beat the horse guy, do what CB said, but try and destroy all of those annoying teleport guys first, that makes the horse guy really easy. Don't be afraid to use block too, changes everything once you get good at that.
  • MancabusMancabus Charlottesville, VA
    edited May 2004
    I just beat it as well, but only with 41 scarabs. But as I am replaying successively I've found 2 more that I missed the first time through. It is nice that the scarabs carry over when you play successively. The game is much easier the second time around as well. I have beaten the first 6 chapters in 15 minutes so far.

Has anyone tried playing a game on the very hard setting. Now that has to make the game unpossible.
    edited May 2004
    Mancabus wrote:
    I just beat it as well, but only with 41 scarabs. But as I am replaying successively I've found 2 more that I missed the first time through. It is nice that the scarabs carry over when you play successively. The game is much easier the second time around as well. I have beaten the first 6 chapters in 15 minutes so far.

Has anyone tried playing a game on the very hard setting. Now that has to make the game unpossible.

Go DL a guide to scarab locations. The best thing to do rather than having to play through the game AGAIN for the 4th time (Its good, but not that good). I'm going to go for Very Hard after I get Ninja Gaiden 2 and 3.