Two Digital Media Issues, Please Help!!!

JustinJustin Atlanta
edited May 2004 in Internet & Media
Alright, first off, I have a 9600 AIW and for some reason, when I use it to record shows, I get picture but no sound. Problem. I'm sure there is something simple that I am not doing but I could just use a little guidance here.

Second, I have home vidoe movies that I have on my PC and I need to get them to VHS for Grandma. How should I go about this? All I am working with is this AIW and it only seeems to have inputs. Any ideas or am I looking at another card for signal output?

Thanks!!!

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    It should have an S-Video Out port, use that then record onto the VCR through the TV for the home movies.

As for no sound, dunno.
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited May 2004
    Any way to get sound and video to a VCR? First question from above still applies...
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    not sure on the first, but you can use one of these for the sound to the vcr: You'll be able to find one at radioshack, maybe at circuit city or bestbuy
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited May 2004
    I don't think the VCR has an S-video input. Any suggestions. First question still active...
  • dodododo Landisville, PA
    edited May 2004
    Sometimes i forget to plug my AIW dongle thing into the sound line-in? Could it be that simple?

~dodo
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited May 2004
    TV gets sound but nothing when I am recording. Seems so strange. Is there a recordign volume level thingy that I am not adjusting for the AIW recording setup?
  • dodododo Landisville, PA
    edited May 2004
    check your digital vcr settings to see what the Audio is set at (mine's at 48000KHz, 16bit, Stereo)
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited May 2004
    Got it. Thanks Guys!!! Just had to adjust the recorder settings in the setup wizard. Guss I just shoulda read the book...