edited May 2004 in Gaming
That does it. I officially have a new forum << >>

>clings to the forum<

Seriously, though - any other Halo or Freelancer fans out there? =D

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Halo Fan.

I guess you're not familiar with the SM LAN that's coming up in ten days :)

We'll be playing Halo.

You can still sign up if you'd like, but you won't get a T-Shirt unfortunately, since the T-Shirt cutoff date was three days ago.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2004
    I just got Halo. Looks pretty fun even tho I am not much of a gamer.
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    halo was fun, i just wish i knew how to just skip the first couple levels. freelancer, i love that game, i'm playing through it again right now.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I "aquired" Halo a few days ago and I really don't see what all the hype was about although I still haven't played online. The weapons and the dune buggy are pretty cool but other than that it's rather "meh".
  • CreepCreep Hell Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I "aquired" Halo a few days ago and I really don't see what all the hype was about although I still haven't played online. The weapons and the dune buggy are pretty cool but other than that it's rather "meh".

Yea, once I lost the warthog I quit playing the game, it's no fun unless I can drive around.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I liked it better on XBox. Maybe I just got used to the setup. I still play it on XBox all the time. One of my most favorite games.

I actually JUST uninstalled freelancer last night because I beat the single player again and didn't feel like messing with it online. It's a great game, but I proably won't play it again for a while.
  • NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited May 2004
    Halo is awesome. Just finished playing a LAN games with my roomates that latest several hours. Even with 3 people it is loads of fun. I can't wait until we get a 16 player Slayer game going on Hang Em High.

Norge
  • edited May 2004
    I wish I could play it online- mines on the XboX. Im currently trying to . . . make it run . . . on my PC. Its harder than I thought though - no idea where to really start, and even then I don't think it would let me play with people on the PC.

Since I own two copies of the original xbox version I wonder if they'd mind sending me the PC version free. :P
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited May 2004
    Yea thats messed up. If u buy it for 1 system I think they should allow you a free license for any other platform.
  • MJOMJO Denmark New
    edited May 2004
    My previous opinion on Halo still stands.
    http://www.short-media.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47964&postcount=16
    http://www.short-media.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47992&postcount=19

Here's a quote
    /me didn't think he'd ever quote himself ;D
    Odd thing is that the reviews have been that positive.
    Maybe they did not play the entire game.
    I believe the level designers did one too many copy-paste when designing this game.
  • Nolf-JobNolf-Job Inside each and every one of you!
    edited May 2004
    Hey Aardvark or anyone else for that matter, just wanted to let you know that you can play xbox online without xbox live. Check out this site http://www.xbconnect.com/ it tells you everything you need to do. It tricks your xbox into thinking that you're playing a game over a Lan when really it's someone across the country.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I play freelancer. We have a server up called "Ruby Slippers" if you're interested in playing online.