who's coming in from Kanada?

citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
edited May 2004 in Community
me and septimus are coming down, anybody else?

my concern is bringing all this hardware accross the border. Is there something we should do or prepare before hitting the border?

any advice?

:Canflag: :Canflag:

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    The only advice I have is to be completely honest at the border. Tell them with a straight face "We are attending a computer gaming party for three days at a coffee shop in Warren. The name of the coffee shop is Deebe's." (pronounced Dee-bees)

The more honest you are, the easier they let you go. Those border guards are pretty strict sometimes.
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    but what about the hardware in the car?
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited May 2004
    I wouldn't worry. As long as you're coming across at detroit(either bridge or tunnel), I wouldn't worry. Just make sure you bring your passport, or birth certificate.
  • oCoMiKoCoMiK Oswego, IL
    edited May 2004
    citrixmeta wrote:
    but what about the hardware in the car?

Here's what not to do... The names have been changed to protect the innocent...

A group of us were attending a bachelor party in Windsor, OT for the weekend. After the festivities one of our party was driving back to the Detroit airport. Upon being stopped by the border police he was asked, "Do you have anything to declare?" Which our friend promptly replied, "just a hangover." Two hours later after being interrogated and having his car searched, he was allowed to proceed. Needless to say he missed his flight.

The moral of the story: Don't be a smartass (especially if you're American) to the Canadian border guard.

Ocomik

www.ocomik.net
    www.ocomik.net/blog/index.html
    edited May 2004
    Yes - that's what I mean - be totally honest, serious, and mature, and you'll be fine.. The hardware in the car is for the computer game party. If you say "LAN" they might not know what you are talking about and get curious. The idea is to make it as plain for them as possible.
    edited May 2004
    oh hey, whats the address of this location?? deebes
    edited May 2004
    Address:

Deebe's Coffee Shop
    29200 Hoover Road
    Warren, MI 48093
    (586) 558-3290
  • NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited May 2004
    citrixmeta wrote:
    me and septimus are coming down, anybody else?

my concern is bringing all this hardware accross the border. Is there something we should do or prepare before hitting the border?

any advice?

My advice is to drive as fast as you can past the guards before they get a chance to inspect your car. With any luck they'll just be like,
    "Damn they were going fast eh?"
    "Yeah, let's just say 'screw it' and play some hockey eh."

Heh heh. Canadians have such a cool accent.

Norge
  • EgoShowcaseEgoShowcase North Carolina
    edited May 2004
    Norge wrote:
    My advice is to drive as fast as you can past the guards before they get a chance to inspect your car. With any luck they'll just be like,
    "Damn they were going fast eh?"
    "Yeah, let's just say 'screw it' and play some hockey eh."

Heh heh. Canadians have such a cool accent.

Norge

;D

I second this advice.
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited May 2004
    If you guys are done having fun with our accents..

I'll be coming from Ottawa. My wife is actually driving from Brantford on Thursday, staying over and then we head to Detroit Friday... long ass drive. I convinced her it'll be like having a second Honeymoon, hahahaha, well actually, she knows what a Lan is all about. She was with me when I went to Quake Aftershock in Toronto. Talk about an awesome Lan. The old school here will know what I mean when I say it was a thrill meeting guys from GT (Gothic Terror) I watched Anfernee snipe and well, that guy is probably an airforce pilot by now, incredible reflexes.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited May 2004
    What accent eh? :D I had a teacher from canada she had a cool accent. If you want to hear an accent wait until we get in detroit, you guys will know we are from the south.
  • NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited May 2004
    Clutch wrote:
    What accent eh? :D I had a teacher from canada she had a cool accent. If you want to hear an accent wait until we get in detroit, you guys will know we are from the south.
    lol. I forgot about the southern accent! That is one of the best ones! I talked to a guy from North Carolina on Ventrilo once. I was disapointed that he didn't have a deep southern accent. I'll finally get to hear a good one.

Oh and yes, I am very easily amused. Now I must go because something shiney has caught my attention...

Norge
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2004
    Norge wrote:
    Oh and yes, I am very easily amused. Now I must go because something shiney has caught my attention...

Norge

OH you guys have no idea!!! ;D;D
    edited May 2004
    haha, yea this is going to be great. I cannot wait to get on the road for the lan. Best lan ever coming up.
    edited May 2004
    Whoa clutch....keep it in your pants man.
    edited May 2004
    haha, you can take your head out the gutter now ;)
    edited May 2004
    Why? not enough room for yours?
    edited May 2004
    :D we will have to take turns if there is not enough room. As long as prime doesn't squeeze his way in :)
    edited May 2004
    look who else is coming from kanada :)

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Clutch wrote:
    :D we will have to take turns if there is not enough room. As long as prime doesn't squeeze his way in :)

Whoa, Clutch. Dunno about you man but I wouldn't want Prime squeezing in on <i>my</i> gutter.
    edited May 2004
    haha, Thrax you are something else I tell ya.