Shorty, help please!

ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
edited May 2004 in Community
That's a strange problem.. Im gonna take a good look at that :)

Im actually preparing us to shift to the latest version of VB, needs a few days to rehack and retemplate everything.. but then Il get you to retest this.. and see if it still happens :)

That fair?

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Server time has slipped again :(
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    This one is going to be a PITA TO FIX, BUT IT IS SOMETHING THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED when how it happens is figured out!

I WILL EXPLAIN BY EXAMPLE.

Login, in A tabbed session in Opera or Mozilla. Go into a thread.

Look at thread, realize things there relate to soemthing else in another thread. Open new thread in another tab,. see something you want to say in new thread. At this point, since I have two session going, and boht are logged in, simultaneously, there is a problem coming up since site code had last major update, and this has happened mostly VERY recently.

I post the message from editor, intending to do the post into second session's open thread-- from within second tabbed session which is focussed tot eh right theread. Post ends up in FIRST session's open thread. I got a post about Swen ending up in the Sasser news thread, A Swen post in the Sasser thread, and two other misassociates. ALL happened with the following true:

Automatic login, cookies used. Multiple sessions open, qty two. One session open, hunted for something related in another thread on this site, posted to the found thread accoridng tto the session I was working in on my end, and got post into other open session's open thread.

URK! I browse and post in many fora (aka forums), first time THIS has happened to me four times in two days.... I use the first open session open in tab as a placeholder, the second to search, mostly, but sometimes I have something to say in second session on the fly, and this is when that happens. I guess I will have to be much less multitaskingly responsive and use single sessions.... :( (not frowning at you, frowning at situation)

John D.