Star Wars mod for Homeworld 2

pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
edited May 2004 in Gaming
http://www.swrebellion.net/evillejedi/

Check that out if you guys are a Star Wars dork like me and have been itching for a space RTS. Very well done so far, but its early beta, so there are some problems of course. They seem to be keeping true to the Universe, so the ships are mighty close to the sizes they are supposed to be, but it gives some balance problems because of that due to the Empires strength. Lets just say that if you get an Executor out there, its all over. The ships range from movies 4,5,6, to the following books, comic books, games etc, and you can limit games to certain eras. All in all very cool, and will be excellent once all units are complete and it gets some polish. You do need a decent system though, because the amount of missles and lasers flying around can be immense. There are some good screenshots on the page, but I figured I'd throw in a few because I got rather excited when I saw it on my screen.

Dear god, I thought I'd never say turbolaser again.... I'm such a dork.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Oh my god. That's such a good ECSD model.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    That one has some problems, but looks really good up close, I should've taken some close shots of it. The Vanguard (edit, its Vengence) Class SSD is cleaner, as are the Imperators, and the Mon Cals are simply beautiful.
    edited May 2004
    What class Mon Cal? Neb-B frigates, or Star Cruisers?

I can see some texture/shading problems on the ECSD, but that's nothing to balk at for a model of that relative size with such a large planar surface area.

I tried to see Mon Cals in your screenies, but I only managed to catch the ECSD and some ISDs.

Are you sure you don't mean Victory Class Star Destroyer?

//EDIT: Think I see some Mon Calamari Star Cruisers
    //EDIT2: Embrace the Dork Side.
    edited May 2004
    Thrax wrote:
    What class Mon Cal? Neb-B frigates, or Star Cruisers?

I can see some texture/shading problems on the ECSD, but that's nothing to balk at for a model of that relative size with such a large planar surface area.

I tried to see Mon Cals in your screenies, but I only managed to catch the ECSD and some ISDs.

Are you sure you don't mean Victory Class Star Destroyer?

Well, you name it and its in the game. The Victory 1 and 2s are in the game, the Vengence SSD is just another SSD from a different book or comic book (Name of book slips my mind currently). Heres a link to the ship list and some more pics (The big SSD is the Vengence)

http://www.swrebellion.net/evillejedi/shiplist.php
    edited May 2004
    Thrax wrote:
    //EDIT2: Embrace the Dork Side.

There really weren't any in there. The Executor got to them before I could take the screenie. ;D
    edited May 2004
    Oooh, the Vengeance Class Battle Cruiser.

Came from Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight.

//EDIT:

Stupid Executor class! Go go gadget Republic Star Destroyers!

//EDIT 2:

Oh god. The Star Wars nerd in me is taking over.
    edited May 2004
    Thrax wrote:
    Oooh, the Vengeance Class Battle Cruiser.

Came from Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight.

//EDIT:

Stupid Executor class! Go go gadget Republic Star Destroyers!

//EDIT 2:

Oh god. The Star Wars nerd in me is taking over.

Thats where its from. I keep looking at these names and screenies and knowing that I've seen it somewhere before, but I can't remember. I seem to have lost all of my knowledge.

I've been taken over already, the dork froze my other self in carbonite. I haven't been like this in awhile, probably since that time I stood in line for Episode 1 tickets.

I said carbonite.... Somebody kill me.
    edited May 2004
    I'll send bounty hunters after you!

IG-88? Bossk? Zuckus? Boba Fett? Joruus C'baoth?

Bahaha. <3 The Dork Side.

Contact me on AIM: Thraacks
    edited May 2004
    Think this thread got spidered by Google? ;D