Bawls anyone?

CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
edited May 2004 in Community
Bawls anyone? They sell Bawls at CompUSA which is on my way up to Detroit so if anyone would like me to pick them up a case let me know and you can pay me when I arrive. It's about $20 for 12. Let me know if anyone would like me to pick up some for them.

Comments

• oCoMiKoCoMiK Oswego, IL
    edited May 2004
    Bawls anyone? They sell Bawls at CompUSA which is on my way up to Detroit so if anyone would like me to pick them up a case let me know and you can pay me when I arrive. It's about $20 for 12. Let me know if anyone would like me to pick up some for them.

I some there as well the other day... What is that stuff?

Ocomik
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I don't think our local CompUSA sells it, although I've never looked too hard. That stuff is impossible to get ahold of in Michigan. I think we're still on the no bring drink policy though aren't we?
    edited May 2004
    pseudonym wrote:
    I don't think our local CompUSA sells it, although I've never looked too hard. That stuff is impossible to get ahold of in Michigan. I think we're still on the no bring drink policy though aren't we?

Did I miss something? My plan was to at least have some Code Red available preferrably in an IV drip solution.

Let me know if I can't bring this along (the Code Red that is).

Ocomik

www.ocomik.net
    www.ocomik.net/blog/index.html
    edited May 2004
    oCoMiK wrote:
    Did I miss something? My plan was to at least have some Code Red available preferrably in an IV drip solution.

Let me know if I can't bring this along (the Code Red that is).

Ocomik

www.ocomik.net

PRIME!!! HELP!!! Help me Optimus... umm, PRIME!!
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited May 2004
    I'm pretty sure that the no-drink policy is still going. The coffee shop will have soda for us to buy and all.
    edited May 2004
    Clutch wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that the no-drink policy is still going. The coffee shop will have soda for us to buy and all.

That could get kind of expensive... Do you think they might create an unlimited drink policy for a set fee... For example $20 bucks covers you for the entirety of the LAN.

Thoughts?

Ocomik

www.ocomik.net
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I'm talking to the owner later about this issue. I will report back
    edited May 2004
    It could get expensive, you are correct. The example you gave reminded me of keg partys, just pay for the cup you know. Prime would be the man to answer all of this though. Either way would be fine for me.
    edited May 2004
    I'm talking to the owner later about this issue. I will report back

Thanks boss. :Rocker:
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited May 2004
    clutch, I already suggested the keg-type idea. Its fantastic, although....around here...if you go to a party with a keg...its free....and if they charge you for it...you steal the tap.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    oCoMiK wrote:
    I some there as well the other day... What is that stuff?

Ocomik

Bawls is a very high caffine drink. It is a staple at LAN parties. If anyone would like some and it's hard to get in your neck of the woods let me know before Friday afternoon when I leave and I'd be more than happy to pick some up for you.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I want some.
    edited May 2004
    And it's just as easy for you to stop and get some as it is for me... :tongue:
  • edited May 2004
    I'd like to try this stuff, too.
    edited May 2004
    OK, so I'll pick up a few cases and just sell it at cost per bottle... It'll be like $1.75 a bottle or so in US funds or like $5.00 Canadian for our S-M members north of the border... ;D
    edited May 2004
    McBain wrote:
    clutch, I already suggested the keg-type idea. Its fantastic, although....around here...if you go to a party with a keg...its free....and if they charge you for it...you steal the tap.

;D;D haha that will teach them a lesson, lol
    edited May 2004
    Clutch wrote:

So Bawls is OK and Code Red is SOL. Sounds like discrimination to me. :-)

Ozomik - The Omega
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    There's a no-drink policy in the coffee shop, but not in the parking lot...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Damn right. :)
  • NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited May 2004
    I'll buy a few bottles of Bawls if you bring em CrazyJoe.

Norge
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2004
    If the stupid CompUSA website would search for bawls and not replace it with Balls I could try to see if the local one would have it as well.
    edited May 2004
    You can put Bawls in quotes to search for it, but it doesn't find anything.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    mmonnin wrote:
    If the stupid CompUSA website would search for bawls and not replace it with Balls I could try to see if the local one would have it as well.

Only problem with that is some companies also know that the word for the drink can be used obscenely also, so it gets filtered out of acceptable searches. Sorry, Google it.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited May 2004
    see directly under my user name :D