Benchmarking with the new ATI Drivers

fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
edited May 2004 in Hardware
I currently have the 4.4's (I think), and I have just downloaded the cat uninstaller and the new ati drivers. Im gonna reboot, run Aquamark and futuremark 04 using my current drivers. Then IM gonna uninstall the current drivers and install the 4.5's. Reboot, run aquamark and futuremark 04 then post all the results. Ill post with the results in a few minutes.

Edit:\\
Athlon xp at 11.5x204 (2.34)
9800 pro 256
1 gig Corsair xms 3200
Abit nf7-s 2.0

Comments

• fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
    edited May 2004
  • fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
    edited May 2004
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited May 2004
    where do you get the cat uninstaller? or will uninstalling via device manager work just fine?
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited May 2004
    ATI's own software uninstaller should work just fine. A lot of people say different, but it gets rid of any traces of older drivers, registry and everything. (For me at least.) You can find it in Add/remove Programs. If you must have the catalyst uninstaller, look at the news thread on the new drivers (posted by spinner, but I'm too lazy to link to it :) )

About 300 points improvement.. Not too good but then I wasn't really expecting much. It sucks they haven't yet put Temporal Anti-aliasing into the control panel.

EDIT: Okay, I'm bored! Here it is! :thumbsup:
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited May 2004
    lol yeah i figured i'd be not so lazy and get it myself, so i found it right after i posted almost :S hooray for google. anyways, if anyone does install those, careful! i did...and it set my settings all funky ... so my monitor crashed (it's from around 1996 lol). had the refresh quite high and the res stayed where i left it, so if you have an old monitor i suggest you just stay with what drivers you have now. lucky me i had another comp to fix it on ... wouldn't even show up right on my tv
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Uninstaller?? I just overwrite ;) So far I must be the lucky one!!
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited May 2004
    hehe....ditto to pseudonym.
  • rykoryko new york
    edited May 2004
    If you go into your ATi dir under Program Files, there will be a version of the cat uninstaller. It's in a folder called UninstallAll, and the .exe is called AtiCimUn. It's the same uninstaller that you can download seperately from the ATI website...works like a charm....no need to go to add/remove programs.
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited May 2004
    Thread moved to the Benchmarking forum.

As for the Catalyst Uninstaller. Yep, you should run that before you install new CAT's. Everytime!

...and you can get it from the downloads section here at SM. ;)