Options

OmegaSearch part2

Thanks a million for your removal guide of this god forsaken POS omergasearch. I used your utility and removed everything, created a new restore point and have rebooted many times with no new problems.

Now the weird thing is that my favorites were also hijacked !? Is that a symptom too? The odd thing is that I could have sworn that they were fine after I removed omega, and it wasnt until the next day that I noticed all these new Favorites folders. I simply deleted them and all seems fine.

Two last questions. Is there a list of know software that might infect your computer with omega? I cant for the life of me figure out how I got it.

And last one. When I goto IE's View-->Toolbars, my Norton is now my google, in other words if I turn off google, it makes the Norton toolbar disappear, and vice versa. Is this a result of omega?

Comments

• DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited May 2004
    We have not yet seen Favorites be affected by Omegasearch. There is a possibilty that it is mutating again, but it is more lkely that you have something else, or your browsing habits are taking you to sites which auto-install favorites. 2 Suggestions:

1 - post your HJT log for review to see if you have any other known problems.

2 - go to Short-Media's Security Downloads section and download Spyware Blaster. This will help you immunize your Internet Explorer against future hijacks.

Dexter...