folding makes windows BSOD

VileDaRKNiGHTVileDaRKNiGHT Hudson FL
edited May 2004 in Folding@Home
When i run F@h it will make windows xp do a BSOD, usually the error is for memory but it only does it when folding is running, also the fah core will crash randomly throughout the day. any ideas?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    1. Your overclock is too high.
    2. Your HDD is on the out and out.
    3. Your memory is going bad.
    4. Your memory overclock is too high.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Run memtest, any faults are unacceptable.
    Try reducing speed and/or increasing voltage.
    Or, your memory is toast.
  • VileDaRKNiGHTVileDaRKNiGHT Hudson FL
    edited May 2004
    memory test shows fine, hdd is good memory is pc2100 on the stock settings (clock and voltage) and i clocked the processor to normal.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    You may be overheating under load.

Now that summer is upon us I've had to tune down my specs from my sig:

barton xp3000+/400@2.30g/418
    11x209@1.68v - slk947u - sf2
    pc3500 11-2-2-c2@2.7v - nf7sv2
    pc6085b - ductmod - zmnb47j
    9800pro128@387/387 - zm80chp/zmop1

So basically I've turned down my overclocks and voltages and am keeping my system and cpu at a safe temperature under load.

Just a thought.

sorry I didn't see this til afterwards
    memory test shows fine, hdd is good memory is pc2100 on the stock settings (clock and voltage) and i clocked the processor to normal.

so what are your temps idle and load?
    edited May 2004
    the most ive seen my CPU get to is 61c with a mediocre thermal paste, i didnt get any AC5 when i bought my new HSF
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    61C is way too hot. That's probably why it's bombing.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited May 2004
    Isn't 61* a little bit warm? I don't have my P4 OC'd anymore (haven't changed my sig to reflect that) but when I did and it was reaching those temps FAH would crash telling me about corruption and errors and stuff. Stopped when I put it back down to stock speeds.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2004
    Yes from what you said that sounds like thats the problem. Try getting the latest Prime95 version and run that for awhile. If it crashes just the same its a heat problem.
    edited May 2004
    found the problem, last time i was in the bios i loaded the optimised defaults, turns out it set my clock speed for 166x14 14!? i didnt even know my proc had the multipler unlocked, anyways, that came out to be 2.3 ghz, so i backed it down to 2.16 and im yrt to see my load temp go above 52* (this rigs always ran ht, think its the HS needs to be lapped and some ****ty thermal paste.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    found the problem, last time i was in the bios i loaded the optimised defaults, turns out it set my clock speed for 166x14 14!? i didnt even know my proc had the multipler unlocked, anyways, that came out to be 2.3 ghz, so i backed it down to 2.16 and im yrt to see my load temp go above 52* (this rigs always ran ht, think its the HS needs to be lapped and some ****ty thermal paste.
    Glad to hear you got that issure resolved VDK! :fold: