AAH!! Get me off of these things!!!

MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
edited May 2004 in Folding@Home
I've been getting nothing but p924's for the past week now! On BOTH console clients on my main rig! These things suck! They take me ~16 hours to complete, given I'm not doing ANYTHING to my processor in that time. And they're only worth 48 points! I'm not sure if I started getting only these since I removed -advmethods, but I'm seriously thinking I should put that flag back in, because these things suck! I've gotten 1 dgromacs since removing the tag, and EM crackulated (calculated) :) 1k+ point production on that client alone. (One time I was lucky enough to have both clients folding them. over 2.3k PPD.) Now, with these crappy WU's I get under 900 with both clients combined. Anything I can do about it? Maybe I should just put -advmethods back in?

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2004
    P4s should have -advmethods on them to get the best use out of them, IE gromacs do more.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited May 2004
    mmonnin wrote:
    P4s should have -advmethods on them to get the best use out of them, IE gromacs do more.
    That's what I just don't get. p924's are gromacs... I'll put -advmethods back and see what happens.