Suggestion: 'System Builders Section'

GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
edited May 2004 in Community
I was just browsing over on AMDforums and I noticed they have a 'System Builders Section' forum. While their section is a subform of their trading post and is mainly for pricing things out, I thought it was a good idea, and might fit well here on S-M.

People ask questions about system configurations all the time, and folks give system build suggestions and prices here pretty often; it usually winds up in General Hardware. I'd like to see something like a System Builders section here, because I love to make system build suggestions (obviously it's a hobby of mine, I did it for the Budget PC article and I do it for friends all the time).

But maybe I'm the only one who thinks it's a good idea. ;)

Comments

• MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited May 2004
    Hmmm.

You've got a good idea there. The thing that itches in the back of my brain is how to avoid post after post asking the same questions or similar questions.

I wonder if Dan and I can concoct a db of some sort...an FAQ for figuring things out...something that people can see comments on various pros and cons.

hmmmm...

Time for us to build/plan/design/hatch.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Sweet... I just gave you guys weeks of coding to do! :thumbsup:

(As if you have free time... ;))

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I'm graduating from the MBA program in less than a month, and no full time job has come to me yet... I should have lots of free time.
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited May 2004
    i agree with ghoosdum, that would be a real sweet.

especially for peoples first experiences building PC's, you guys could have a FAQ's thread, for real newbies.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    MediaMan wrote:
    Hmmm.

You've got a good idea there. The thing that itches in the back of my brain is how to avoid post after post asking the same questions or similar questions.

I wonder if Dan and I can concoct a db of some sort...an FAQ for figuring things out...something that people can see comments on various pros and cons.

hmmmm...

Time for us to build/plan/design/hatch.
    Im sure we can ;)