User thread title changes

edited May 2004 in Community
I know that Fusetalk based forums generally allow users to change their thread title. Would this be possible on VB? If so, is that something SM could make happen?

Just a thought.

Comments

• edited May 2004
    I second that. ^
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Negative, that's one thing that VB still does not have...
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2004
    I thought forum members could change their thread titles at AMDMB forums. If not then mods do a lot of title changing.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Ya, I've changed my thread titles on amdforums before. Maybe they've got something extra built in to vbulletin...
    edited May 2004
    Er. And I just changed the title of one of my posts here on S-M, and it showed up with the edited title in both the thread view, and the list in the forum.

Another quick fix 'Dan special' miracle, or has it been this way since the vBulletin3 upgrade?
    edited May 2004
    Im just gonna try this with a quick mock account... brb..
    edited May 2004
    If you edit the first post.. it does appear to change the thread title as well :)

ooo useful VB3 I didn't know ;D
    edited May 2004
    w00t! :thumbsup:

You get teh 'A' for 'affort' ;)

Thanks Dan!
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Last time I tried it, I only changed the thread title that appears in the post and not the actual thread title.
  • edited May 2004
    Is this one of those things where you can only change the thread title (the one displayed in forum view and hot threads) if there have been no replies??

Because, I just tried on my thread in the DD and it didn't show up...