XP-M 2200+ Barton 1.35V

mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
edited July 2004 in Hardware
Anyone try one of these or heard of anyone getting one?

All the other Bartons are 1.35V. I wonder what these can do.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=19-103-440&DEPA=1

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Damn...35w eh?...sounds very nice for a NF7-S board. Whoever gets one let us know!
  • mr-maltmr-malt Iowa
    edited June 2004
    Does seem most appealing. I imagine the results would have to be good. I would just question my mobo...Albatron KX18D-PROII. What was I thinking trying to be different :bawling: .
  • edited June 2004
    I read some overclocking results on these 35 watt mobiles over at the hardforums and it sounds like they overclock fairly close to the mobile 2500's and 2600's. 2.4-2.6 GHz avg with the occasional 2.7 thrown in.
  • mr-maltmr-malt Iowa
    edited June 2004
    I've been thinking some more on this. I really want to hit a higher FSB than the 200 I'm at right now. That's with a 2500 barton 1.65v. Temps are preventing me from pushing further, as is my current voltage setting. Yet I want to make use of my black level II mushkin that I sourced out strictly for going above 200FSB with tight timings. I also had read good OCing results that were attained with my KX18D ProII.
    So, that being said, any forseeable differences between the current offerings of mobiles? Any reason to suspect a higher attainable FSB from one to another (2400, 2500, 2600, 2200)? If not, I'll probably just try the 1.35v2200 as in this thread's topic.
    TIA
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2004
    In my experience what limits the FSB you're running at is your RAM, it has nothing to do with your cpu. You can drop the cpu multi if you're hitting its upper limits. Better ram is the key to higher fsb! hell...that even rhymes!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    1. The Albatron boards are not known for stellar FSB overclocks like the DFI and Abit offerings.

2. Your RAM plays one of the largest factors, behind motherboard, in how far your FSB goes.

3. Got a solid 12v rail? I hope so.
  • mr-maltmr-malt Iowa
    edited June 2004
    I had read some good reviews of the KX18D ProII, though that doesn't necessarily mean that is the norm. My 12v rail is solid (as are the others). So even hoping for ~225 with the albatron may be optimistic?
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2004
    You probably wont get that.
  • edited June 2004
    All I can say is try it and see what happens.
  • edited July 2004
    I just got of these OEM chips. I'll know what it does after the weekend.

AXMD2200FJQ4C
    AQYHA0415VPEW
    T854975D40987
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    which lvl 2 ram do you have the 3200 or the 3500 ...if you have the 3500 that ram should go to 238 with tight timings ...some ppl at abit forums have reported as much as 250+ ...depending on your cooling and bios. That's all assuming you have windbond5
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    I just got one, check out my sig. haven't had time to play yet. Will get a shot out soon.