How Many Bottles of Beer?

JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
edited October 2007 in Food & Drink
How many bottles of beer does it take until you start feeling like your in hell?

im just curious...
«1

Comments

  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited May 2004
    I'm not old enough so I wouldn't know *Whistles* ;)
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited May 2004
    im not either. but my dad lets me drink a couple every now and then.
    heh...
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2004
    Depends on how I drink them. More if I just straight drink them or if I play a game. A**hole screwed me over last weekend.

    And what is considered drunk? Puking and passed out or acting stupid?

    And I am guessing the numbers dont go up high enough for a lot of us.
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited May 2004
    I put 5 or more..which is very accurate. Jengo, you have a very liberal dad.. kudos. I had my first beer around 14 or so, tasted terrible, but I got loaded.. on 2 pints.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited May 2004
    A**hole will get you everytime.
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Number will be lower for we canucks as the alkyhol content is much higher in our beer. 5% is standard beer but we can get hi-test up to (I think) 7.5%, tho it's putrid to drink imo. In the old days, I could drink 6 just to get the beginning of a buzz and a dozen in a night was no big deal, now a dozen would induce a life threatening coma I'm pretty sure and 6 would pretty much make me cross eyed staggering. I've put back a dozen American beer with almost no net effect many times.

    I'm a happy smiling easy going drunk, hate guys who get mean and tough when they drink.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Ive never gotten drunk but I am sure it will happen sooner or later. I dont drink Ive had beer but never mora than 1 at a time
  • edited May 2004
    Clutch wrote:
    A**hole will get you everytime.
    not if you're the president!
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    :range: Not sure if I should give my answer....
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I legally can't drink.
    Ethically don't drink.
    Morally won't drink.
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited May 2004
    I don't drink.
  • edited May 2004
    Thrax wrote:
    I legally can't drink.
    Ethically don't drink.
    Morally won't drink.


    Then why'd you post?


    I chugged 2 beers in rapid succession once... never even phased me.

    I've never really had the chance to do it since then (with people I trust to keep an eye on me).
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Because the question was "How many bottles of beer?"

    Last I checked, "Zero" was a valid quantity.
  • edited May 2004
    Let's see:

    2
    3
    4
    5 or more
    My liver is just a pile of Goo.
    Drunk? I dont get drunk....

    I don't see 0.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Last answer, chief. It can be interpreted as "I don't drink at all" or "I don't drink enough to get wasted." I chose the former.
  • edited May 2004
    Or it could mean; Thrax smells like poopoo! ;D
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited May 2004
    I'm planning on getting ripped tonite.. gonna see how far I can get through a 24 of Molson Canadian. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out.
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited May 2004
    keto wrote:
    Number will be lower for we canucks as the alkyhol content is much higher in our beer. 5% is standard beer but we can get hi-test up to (I think) 7.5%, tho it's putrid to drink imo.

    I call BULL-PLOP! They sell your crap 7.5% beer here. Molson XXX and Labatt Max Ice, both of which will leave you with a MONSTER beer poop the next day.

    Playing beer pong/flip cup generalls does a # on me. I've seen the 20's (# of beers) before playing that, although I can never quite remember the exact #. This is where the marker comes in; sometimes when its an all day fest, we keep track by 'tallying' them on our arms.

    And yes, presidents and a**holes can SUCK! The worst is when you finally get to be president and then everyone quits. Happens every time to me.
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited May 2004
    Arrrrgh non drinkers outway us lager louts by quite a margin!!!! Oh dear time for a change in lifestyle me thinks. :)
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited May 2004
    And who's idea was it to skip the 'typical' #'s, i.e, 6 pack, 12 pack, case, dirty 30....qtr barrel. WE NEED MORE CHOICES!
  • -tk-tk Detroit, MI USA Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    about 4 or 5 depending on the alcohol content and size of the bottle, usually i prefer pints.
    However, i have an issue with the rate of consumption. If tommy drinks one beer every hour and a half for say 10 hours that would equal about 6-7 beers, and drinking them over such a long period of time, it also equals not very drunk at all. Now if tommy drinks 6-7 beers over a period of 2 hours, he's going to be very tanked indeed. Get my drift?
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited May 2004
    man i just found out my parents are visiting the bacardi factory on their cruise and are bringing me back some cheapass rum. so happy :D
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2004
    -tk wrote:
    about 4 or 5 depending on the alcohol content and size of the bottle, usually i prefer pints.
    However, i have an issue with the rate of consumption. If tommy drinks one beer every hour and a half for say 10 hours that would equal about 6-7 beers, and drinking them over such a long period of time, it also equals not very drunk at all. Now if tommy drinks 6-7 beers over a period of 2 hours, he's going to be very tanked indeed. Get my drift?

    Exactly by what I meant. Playing games, the beer goes down much quicker. Played a$$hole for like an hour and I had like 4. I only played it once last weekend and I was president 3 times with 4 people playing. Played bottle caps or w/e the next night and I think thats easier (depending if the person is a good shot or not).
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Thrax wrote:
    I legally can't drink.
    Ethically don't drink.
    Morally won't drink.
    Ditto that, mate.
  • -tk-tk Detroit, MI USA Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    mmonnin wrote:
    Played a$$hole for like an hour and I had like 4.

    whats a**hole? I never played.
  • CaffeineMeCaffeineMe Cedar Rapids, IA
    edited May 2004
    Back in the day, the answer was much higher. I made some poor choices as a youngster, and have learned from them (mostly). Today, 2-3 beers is usually enough to loop me, more then that, get your camera out! :)
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2004
    Its a card game. Someone deals out all the cards to everyone. One person starts by laying a card. Going clockwise everyone much match or beat it. If you cant, take a drink. 2 of a kind is higher than any one card and so on with triples. 3s are wild and 2s clear the deck so a low card can be laid again. The first person out is president and the last is a**hole.:)

    If there are say 3 cards of the same # out there anyone can lay the 4th card can its a social, everyone drinks. If people are paying attention there will be social after social.

    The advantage of being president is having the power to make anyone drink during the next round. You also get to make up a rule that must be followed during the rest of the game. If you break it then you drink. After a few rounds and the rules are piling up and you are gettin kinda happy, its hard to keep track of them all and people start breaking them left and right.

    While the a$$hole is dealing he can make anyone drink and the presidents rule doesnt start until the cards are dealt. What ever goes around, comes back harder so dont abuse having the power to make people dirnk.

    Its a fun game that will screw you over.:D
  • -tk-tk Detroit, MI USA Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    mmonnin wrote:
    Its a card game. Someone deals out all the cards to everyone. One person starts by laying a card. Going clockwise everyone much match or beat it. If you cant, take a drink. 2 of a kind is higher than any one card and so on with triples. 3s are wild and 2s clear the deck so a low card can be laid again. The first person out is president and the last is a**hole.:)

    If there are say 3 cards of the same # out there anyone can lay the 4th card can its a social, everyone drinks. If people are paying attention there will be social after social.

    The advantage of being president is having the power to make anyone drink during the next round. You also get to make up a rule that must be followed during the rest of the game. If you break it then you drink. After a few rounds and the rules are piling up and you are gettin kinda happy, its hard to keep track of them all and people start breaking them left and right.

    While the a$$hole is dealing he can make anyone drink and the presidents rule doesnt start until the cards are dealt. What ever goes around, comes back harder so dont abuse having the power to make people dirnk.

    Its a fun game that will screw you over.:D

    I vote we play asswhole at the next LAN!
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited May 2004
    haha, now that would be interesting.
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited May 2004
    -tk wrote:
    I vote we play asswhole at the next LAN!

    F-that. We're playing beer pong and flip cup. Pseudo and I have built a basic portbale beer pong table, to be heavily modified by then. Built in bong, and level, along with possible foosball type scoring.
Sign In or Register to comment.