A64 temperature

deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
edited July 2004 in Hardware
Hi guys, just wondering if any of you A64 owners could tell me what sort of temperature they generally run at? I've just splashed out on a new cooler (the coolermaster heatpipe jobby) but my CPU still runs at around 60 idle / 67 load. Is that right? If not I think the main problem is that the way the cooler is orientated on my motherboard (an MSI NEO) the fan points straight down at the graphics card, so the only air going onto the processor is the hot air coming off the video card... don't know what I can do about that, except maybe chop a hole in the side of the case and use a fan to suck cool air straight onto the processor.... that's a bit drastic though, so any other suggestions would be welcome.

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    My A64 3200+ at load with stock cooling is 55* C these babys run hotter than normal. doesnt matter tho I am going water Cooling
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    36c on my MSI K8T.. with 42c at 100% load. Stock cooler too...
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited June 2004
    hmmm, that's got me a bit worried now..... after a lot of messing about today (swapping A64 into a new case, moving it form under my desk etc..) it's still running at about the same (62 idle, 68ish under full load) but it never goes above 70, even when I overclock it to 225MHz FSB.... I would have thought the temp would increase if I clocked it up a bit, but it seems to make no difference at all. It seems a bit more stable now though, managed to run through PCmark 2004 with the FSB set to 225 (5060 marks) whereas it crashed out before I switched cases.
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited June 2004
    deicist wrote:
    hmmm, that's got me a bit worried now..... after a lot of messing about today (swapping A64 into a new case, moving it form under my desk etc..) it's still running at about the same (62 idle, 68ish under full load) but it never goes above 70, even when I overclock it to 225MHz FSB.... I would have thought the temp would increase if I clocked it up a bit, but it seems to make no difference at all. It seems a bit more stable now though, managed to run through PCmark 2004 with the FSB set to 225 (5060 marks) whereas it crashed out before I switched cases.

And thats celcius? I'm running one of the copper zalman cololers and I idle two degrees over system temps with a 3200+ and64. Might depend a lot on how and where the bios ius getting its temps
  • edited June 2004
    A64 3400+ @ 2.4 36c idle 52c load.
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited June 2004
    Amd 64 3200 = 29c idle, 35c full load depending on ambient temps & thats on water as well.
  • edited July 2004
    AMD 64 3200. Zalman fan + 40-55C. Update bios. Droped temp 20c for me.