Folding on Linux

mcwcmcwc Vancouver, BC Member
edited June 2004 in Folding@Home
I just installed Mandrake 10 on my notebook yesterday. This is my first time playing with Linux, and I am using the KDE desktop environment.
So, of course, I wanted to get folding back on my laptop as soon as possible. I did some searching through the forums and found a post that John wrote on how to get folding to work on Linux. So I followed the instructions and it worked. I left it folding overnight but I find it kind of slow. So, I use KDE's process manager to see what's up and it seems that it is running at around 40% but I'm not sure about this. I'm posting a screenshot of the process manager to see what's wrong. Also, why is there 4 copies of the core running?
Also, how would I be able to get folding to run at 100%? Remember, I'm a Linux n00b!

Comments

• mcwcmcwc Vancouver, BC Member
    edited June 2004
    Okay, I now have the same WU on my main rig and my notebook. The WU is p212_villinURE212. My main rig finishes off a frame in 00:28:55 and my notebook finishes it off in 01:13:02. That is a huge difference.
    Before, when my notebook was running WinXP, my notebook is always slightly faster than my desktop per frame. What can be done to fix the huge time difference?

The attached picture is of the processes running that I got from top.
    top.png 79.3K