Sandisk SD cards dying? anyone else had problems

qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
edited January 2008 in Internet & Media
Hey guys, my 3 month old Sandisk 256 MB SD card just gave up the ghost. It hasn't been written to much (maybe 500 pics total being wiped multiple times). It was mostly left in one camera, take out to a media bay at most 10 times. Its 5 year warrantied so its not a problem. Just wondering if anyone else was having problem with dying SD cards as I could switch cameras concurrently to a different memory standard if SD is problematic.

The camera it was used in was a dimage XT (my mom wanted small so she got the smallest, lightest camera with optical zoom and 3 MP).

Peace

Qp.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    I've had a sandisk 256mb SD card for over a year (13 months, actually) with many thousands of writes/deletes and it's been perfect. :-/

That sucks, man... Sorry to hear it :(
  • qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited June 2004
    It was from costco, had a few pics but nothing serious. Costco gives straight cash back at the price you paid so its no biggie since I save $40 due to price drops :).
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    uh oh...I just bought at 128mb SanDisk SD card for my camera and I dont think I kept the receipt....hope it's alright
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2004
    Get a better card with the money you saved.:) Free upgrade.;)
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited June 2004
    I've had a 64 MB for a year and a half, also from Cosco. Never had a problem.

Dexter...
  • qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited June 2004
    I think i'm just unlucky, considering how many of these things Costco sells and the 5 year warranty I doubt they fail all that often. I went for Kingston this time, we'll see how that goes.
  • edited January 2008
    Well, that sounds like what happened to me a few days ago. I had just gotten a 256MB card from Wal-Mart to use with my MP3 player, and after a good week of use, I can't write to it all of a sudden. The files that were on it before I tried to put others on it keep coming back, and i can't format it. At all. Does that sound like what happened to you, qparadox?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    This post is from 2004.
  • edited January 2008
    :eek:
    oh...
    :o
    whoops...