problem with nf7-s sound

MAGICMAGIC Doot DootFurniture City, Michigan Icrontian
edited July 2004 in Hardware
im not posative that its the motherboard but if im using an ap like winamp or playing counterstrike my sound will just all of a sudden get a fuzzy noise around it, only when other sound is comming out. my friend said he heard something about it having to do with the onboard sound but i dont know. anyone have an idea

Comments

• LIQuidLIQuid Raleigh, NC
    edited June 2004
    make sure that you get the NEWEST drivers from nvidia, and also the newest bios update for the board. That problem has been fixed a while ago. I used to have it. Also adding a heatsink to the southbridge helped a little, before they fixed it.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    thanx alot i hope that helps
  • edited July 2004
    hi, i having the same problem with sound, wich driver shuld i update ?
    i was in nvidia and abit drivers-page, and didnt sow any sound driver.
    thenx. :)
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    master af wrote:
    hi, i having the same problem with sound, wich driver shuld i update ?
    i was in nvidia and abit drivers-page, and didnt sow any sound driver.
    thenx. :)

You need the new unified driver from here http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_4.27

This should sort your problem out.
  • edited July 2004
    You need the new unified driver from here http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_4.27

This should sort your problem out.

thenx, man, now avrything is perfect :celebrate
    :thumbsup:
    :cool:
    :)
    ;D
  • LIQuidLIQuid Raleigh, NC
    edited July 2004
    great to hear, i know when i got my board i loved it, but was so frustrated with that sond issue. After about an hour of playing quake, the sound would become delayed and would crackle like insanity. I'd have to just turn my speakers off and play with no sound because it would be so confusing :P