Team Short-Media Site

ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
edited June 2003 in Folding@Home
Ok peeps.. now that the forums are almost finished (bar the odd touch here and there).. Im gonna get onto the team site :)

Put your suggestions for what you would like in this thread :)

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    I guess I'm boring but everything that was on the old one.

What is the color scheme? Some members may try their fancy with some banners.

Its my bed time now pal.;)
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Yeah, something along the lines as our old site but with a short-media facelift. Have you any ideas of a backend? We used coranto for the old site and though it was a bit primitive, it did the job.:)

I have everything backed up from the old site so we have a good start on all the content.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I've got a more robust and PHP based news-script that I can use for it. That was my plan.

Style wise? Yeah.. I can do something looking the same with a Short-Media upgrade.

Give me a couple of days to build and Il preview it to you :)

Taking suggestions.. so anyone got anything else?
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I really like robust!! Looking forward to the sneak peak.

lsevald will have to help tinker with the sig scripts and such, server support should be much better this time around so we may be able to improve on the script executions.
  • tychotycho Santa Barbara, California!
    edited June 2003
    I think that the old site had everything we needed. I am definitly in favor of giving it a good-old short-media facelift.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    All I can say is .... THANK YOU!!!! I get really bored at work without my forums. I like the new look. I hope this is the begining of more great new things.

(Side-Note) Any help on custom Sigs. would be appreciated.
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    Shorty said
    I've got a more robust and PHP based news-script that I can use for it. That was my plan.

Style wise? Yeah.. I can do something looking the same with a Short-Media upgrade.

Give me a couple of days to build and Il preview it to you :)

Taking suggestions.. so anyone got anything else?

Some kind of uber sweet swish intro that have become your signature lately?
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Ok.. look at this (hyperlinked post) for a header for the team site :)

http://short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=2190#post2190

Opinions? I would like to combine with the filters that LawnMM is using :) and make backgrounds with his.. as they are cool!
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Looks good... and as I recall, we had multiple banners previously anyway. Need one to be official, but we can always use a second or third version as well :)
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    Shorty said
    Ok.. look at this (hyperlinked post) for a header for the team site :)

http://short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=2190#post2190

Opinions? I would like to combine with the filters that LawnMM is using :) and make backgrounds with his.. as they are cool!

Just lemme know what yah need or what you wanna try!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I liked the old folding page, it had useful links and it was the homepage for all my folding boxes.

One of the things I liked the most about it was the orange color, strangely enough. It was nice just to have it stand out a bit from the other Icrontic pages. So I guess what I'm saying is not to be afraid to depart from the style that's been established so far on Short-Media.