Points for p638 WU has been adjusted

mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
edited June 2004 in Folding@Home
The points accredited for the worst point/hour WU has been changed quite a bit. What once was 70.9 before the point system chance, became the stinker that came Tinkers its name. Stanford has listed to its folders and have changed the point value to an astounding 239 points. Much like the p639 WU, it has similar time frames and now similar points.
Points have been adjusted on the P638 for all WU's issued from now on.

638 171.64.122.143 p638_L939_K12M_ext 393 21.00 37.00 239.00 400 TINKER Description csnow

Originally posted by: OC-AMD
I am not sure when they actually changed the point value on these WUs but lets home some of the 3 I have came after the change. OC-AMD posted the announcement at 3:33 today.

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    ah maybe I'll get one while I'm at home tonight! :fold:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2004
    This should put this tinker back up with the other tinkers. Should be right on track with the others.
  • oCoMiKoCoMiK Oswego, IL
    edited June 2004
    Alright... That's great news! Too bad it's not retroactive.
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited June 2004
    Holy crap! This is effective immediately?! I'm halfway through those crappy WUs and they each changed to 239 points! thats 600 points in a day or so. LOL ocomik, I can hardly imagine what your totals will be, you're already flying through the ranks and making ~1/10 of my total points in a single day, and it's continually increasing :p
  • oCoMiKoCoMiK Oswego, IL
    edited June 2004
    entr0py wrote:
    Holy crap! This is effective immediately?! I'm halfway through those crappy WUs and they each changed to 239 points! thats 600 points in a day or so. LOL ocomik, I can hardly imagine what your totals will be, you're already flying through the ranks and making ~1/10 of my total points in a single day, and it's continually increasing :p
    I'd check mine earlier and it showed 128 and I was thinking, "OK guess I need to finish these before I can get the 239 points." After reading your post, I checked back on some of these systems and sure enough the points changed to 239. It'll be nice to get the bump.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2004
    EM3 updated and it shows them at 239 points. But I guess I still dont know if they were all after the change.
  • edited June 2004
    My P-M laptop just got one of these this morning, after finishing up a Gromacs wu and I noticed that the points EMIII was showing looked pretty good. :D Looks like around 48 hours on my laptop, so not too shabby on points return.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited June 2004
    I picked up two of them in the past hour. I thought my -advmethods kept them away... But how is it I get 150-200 more PPW than the average gromacs WUs on a P4?