SMX22 Update

ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
edited June 2004 in Folding@Home
All goofiness aside, it's busy around here - both my boys play on 2 baseball teams (local A2 and Provincial A) and I coach both teams so it's game or practice pretty much every day. And work continues to be nuts. Installing SMX22 is more than just plug and play, it means a fairly serious reconfiguration of my office and I just haven't had time yet. So what I'll do in the meantime is run my P4 system under SMX22.

Should have time over the weekend to plug it in and make sure it boots at least - as noted in the other thread, it had a rough ride getting here. :rant:

Comments

• edited June 2004
    keto, just FYI, the designation of that rig should be "SM22", not "SMX22". ;D Be sure to input it like that when folding, without the quotes.

I know how busy things can get myself. I hope you can check her out over the weekend and hopefully nothing was damaged by the apes that handled her in shipping. :) I hope that Seth had taken the hsf off and the shipping hadn't knocked it off the proc though. Those old hsf's that use only the middle socket lugs are prone to ripping a lug off if handled badly.
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    Thx mudd, changed to SM22. No, the lugs look ok - the HSF was loose in the case tho, so I know without a doubt it rattled around in there during the trip. It appears to have been shipped taped down with masking tape but not sure, was loose on arrival. I don't *see* any visible damage but haven't undertaken a real close inspection yet.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2004
    It should have an Os installed already so plug it in and it should boot I guess.