Farm/Borg efficiency

edited June 2004 in Folding@Home
I was messing around this morning, waiting for the crew to trip the drillstring back in the wellbore (yeah I know most of you don't have a clue to what I'm talking about, but it's idle time for me :p ) and I got to wondering of the efficiency of the various high producers of our team in points per week per processor/instance folding. So I checked at Stanford for the number of processors/instances running the last 7 days and then looked up the last 7 days points for the people on our team that are producing over 4000 points/week and this is what I found:

csimon - 30 procs, 12,254 points, 408.47 points/proc/week
Jake (folding as buroja) - 53 procs, 17002 points, 320.79 points/proc/week
primesuspect - 36 procs, 13155 points, 365.42 points/proc/week
muddocktor :D - 15 procs, 8497 points, 593.53 points/proc/week
Vicodin - 22 procs, 8066 points, 366.64 points/proc/week
mondi - 17 procs, 8502 points, 500.12 points/proc/week
mmonnin - 15 procs, 4450 points, 296.67 points/proc/week
Leonardo - 13 procs, 5823 points, 447.92 points/proc/week
KingFish - 11 procs, 5398 points, 490.73 points/proc/week
JonsHandbrake - 13 procs, 7401 points, 569.31 points/proc/week
ocomik - 18 procs, 4669 points, 259.39 points/proc/week

What is the point of this you ask? I don't know, just bored at work. ;)

And with witenoiz just starting back, I couldn't figure his up but it looks like he'll be a real killer in efficiency too. :thumbsup:

Comments

• qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited June 2004
    Heh I'll be back on that list soon. I just did a major hardware swap on my cluster (had 4 dedicated folding machines down at the same time). I'm around 500 PPW avg as well.
  • witenoizwitenoiz 19,356 miles East of Kansas City, MO Member
    edited June 2004
    muddocktor wrote:
    And with witenoiz just starting back, I couldn't figure his up but it looks like he'll be a real killer in efficiency too. :thumbsup:
    Well wouldn't you know I just posted that in the welcome back thread! Go figure - Really, you got time. Jack
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited June 2004
    muddocktor wrote:
    I was messing around this morning, waiting for the crew to trip the drillstring back in the wellbore (yeah I know most of you don't have a clue to what I'm talking about, but it's idle time for me :p )

Bit, cross-over or wear sub, collars, rods. My favourite time was spent on the monkey board. Elevators and me got on very well. Still got all my fingers too, lol.

What's the old saying? "You don't make money till that bit turns to the right".

Just an old mud-rotary boy, hehehe.

Jon
  • edited June 2004
    dragonV8 wrote:
    Bit, cross-over or wear sub, collars, rods. My favourite time was spent on the monkey board. Elevators and me got on very well. Still got all my fingers too, lol.

What's the old saying? "You don't make money till that bit turns to the right".

Just an old mud-rotary boy, hehehe.

Jon

Been there, done that, huh Jon? :D It's just a different type of mining, so to speak. :D Where did you work in the oil patch, around Oz?
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited June 2004
    Barrow Island, off the west coast of Oz, in the late 60,s Mudd.

Went water well drilling for a time too, mud-rotary ofcourse. Mainly driller on a Mayhew 2000. Gave it away to go back to mining.

Now turning off the laptop (Give Jack a fighting chance, lol) to fly back to Perth. 1hr 40min flight in a small cramped plane.

Loved your stats by the way. Never thought to do that myself.

Jon.
  • edited June 2004
    Love the stats mudd. If we had more reliable electricity around here the efficiency would be higher. Plus I'm down two procs (should be 13) due to a nagging issue with my mobos.

KF
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2004
    You could gut about 5 active procs and 200 points. Should get my average up with yours. Heck if you look now it should have a few more active procs since I went home and sent in a few hundred points from the 3 slow CPUs there.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    my points are way down at the moment http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15645.

maybe I can get it fixed when I get back to the farm on tuesday.
  • edited June 2004
    Yeah, I saw your post, Chris. I noticed that it's really put a dent in your production too.

This would make a cool stat for someone to make up, but I don't know crap about how to do it myself, to automatically figure this out. It would be a nice feature to put into our future stats engine that keebs is working on, whenever he gets the chance.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    The points per proc tells us a lot about how new peoples hardware is. If you have a few old boxes mixed in with new ones hte average goes to hell. My P3900 only turns ~200ppw. Without it may avg is 400ppppw (points per proc per week?), with it I am at ~360. But I will take points any day.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    Yeah tell me about it..... Many of the computers in my farm are p2-era dogs, like 400 celerons and things like that. The average gets kicked in the nuts from those.