X800Pro problems

edited June 2004 in Hardware
Hey I recently purchased an origional Radeon X800Pro And plugged it into my Computer running a P4 2.8 and a Gigabyte 8I875 Ultra with a standard 400Watt powersupply. (recommends 300Watt) It started and the fans went ect but it just displayed a white image with random black squares. I then tested it on a friends computer with a 560Watt Enermax powersupply and his did the same so he tapped the card and then it worked fine which sounds weird. He got it running perfect we tesed it for artifacts it was all good. He has a Nforce2 Abit Nf7- Revision2 with a Athlon XP 2800+. I then tested on another mates comp with a 520Watt Teck powersupply with his nforce2 xp2800+ system and his worked perfect to. So we got his powersupply and placed it into my computer and yet it still displayed the same graphical error any ideas? I also have an audigy2 ZS and 1gig of twinmos windbond 3200 Ram and 2X segate 120gig sata harddrives and 1X 250gig maxtor sata drive and 1x dvd rom and 1xCDRW please i need to find out why it would work in theres and not mine sounds weird they both have athlon and nforce2 and they work.

Comments

• entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited June 2004
    Well...seeing as how tapping it seemed to work...if you're feeling brave, I would try reseating the stock heatsink, just in case it got knocked loose and isn't making full contact with the core. Do you get any POST beeps/errors in your computer when booting with the card?
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    Welcome to short-media.

please consider formatting further posts a little better :)

Try pushing the card in as hard as you can. It sounds like it may not be completely in the slot.
  • edited June 2004
    Funny enough no it doesnt beep at all yeah on futuremark a guy suggested cahnging th agp voltage is that a good idea or updating the bios?
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited June 2004
    DEFINITELY update your bios, it hadn't even occured to me that your bios might not recognize it for whatever reason. Also, you can try upping the voltage...but only one notch. Go ahead and make sure that the power connector is plugged in very tight, and that there's nothing blocking any connections.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited June 2004
    Just send it to me, I'll fix it. :thumbsup: Can't guarantee you'll get it back though, you know how UPS is. :crazy:;D
  • Omatic810Omatic810 Gainesville, FL
    edited June 2004
    Does your motherboard support the speed at which the x800 is running? (2x,4x, etc.)

Check if they're compatable, and if they are, then I'll have wasted your time.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    The Gigabyte 8I875 Ultra is based on the i875p (Canterwood) chipset. It supports the AGP rates of 2, 4, and 8x.