AVISynth Scripting Help

ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited June 2004 in Internet & Media
Awright mates.. I'm using Cinemacraft CCE-SP 2.66 and AviSynth 2.55.

I'm converting a PAL SVCD set to a DVD-compatible NTSC stream. Now, I'm frameserving with AviSynth. Write a script, save it, load the resultant .AVS script into CCE 2.66 and make the appropriate bitrate calcs (Min: 0, Avg: 3250, Max: 9800) and changes to the 4:3 template (zigzag quant, dvd-compliance, manual iframe inserts, etc) and then hit encode.

Here's my AVS script:

DirectShowSource("\Original PAL Source\hp-cd1.m2v") #Get PAL Clip
Lanczos4Resize(720, 480) #Resize to DVD-compliant NTSC dimensions via lanczos sampling
ConvertFPS(23.976) #Convert from PAL 25 to NTSC 23.976

Now, the video itself is a progressive field-based stream. Would I need to use 3:2 pulldown (Reverse 3:2 since it's progressive?), or will it simply be 23.976 with reverse 3:2 pulldown on playback courtesy of ze DVD player?

Later I'm going to mux the output with 5.1 DD AC3 streams, but that's not important.

//EDIT:

Solved my own problem. I was using the wrong argument ("ConvertFPS"), because I thought the source was a real PAL video. Apparently most films made in the US that get released to the UK are merely sped up by 5% to meet the 25 FPS requirement. Getting it back down to 23.976 is as easy as telling AVISynth "AssumeFPS(23.976)" to correct it back. I added a DLL call to DGMPEGDec's .d2v importer.. So funnily enough:

DVD2AVI is frameserving AVISynth which is frameserving CCE. ;D

My transcoded audio streams are fixed.

Thanks, Thrax.