Is This Normal

edited July 2004 in Hardware
ok i checked my bios a couple a days ago and my cpu seems to be running at 50-60 degrees most days and my northbrigde is pretty much touch and burn :rarr: so im not sure if these temps are normal ne help would be great :celebrate

Comments

• MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited June 2004
    What kinda processor you running? Some info would help. What kind of temperatures are you experiencing in your computing environment?
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    depends ...are you oc'ing? and which cpu are you talking about?

also ...don't touch the northbridge ...it hurts.
  • edited June 2004
    oh sry

amd athalon thunderbird 1.1 hgz
    mini atx
    384 mb sd ram (yeah go the sd )
    XP pro
    mx440 se
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited June 2004
    for idle temps those are too high. try getting some compressed air and giving the inside of your case a good cleaning
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited July 2004
    Those thunderbirds get toasty :) Do you have adequate air circulation in your case? You may want to try adding additional case fans, or even replacing your cpu heatsink and fan with an aftermarket set. I find some of the older stock AMD heatsinks and fans to be very inadequate. I used to get temps as high as 60 degrees with my old palmino and stock HSF.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Dude, 1.1GHz thunderbirds don't get <i>that</i> toasty if you have real cooling on them.
  • edited July 2004
    well atm its got a stock fan on it and i was thinking going the volcano 12 as that has multiple modes