Graphical client problem

shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
edited July 2003 in Folding@Home
I know I saw a post about this along time ago, but i can't find it. I have a system that needs to have the graphical client running, I cant run the console. The problem is shown in the pic below. You can't see it in the picture, but the mouse is over the buy.com button thingy. Anyone know of a fix?

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    After investigating a little I have found a solution turning hardware acceleration down to 20 % fixes the tool tips

(re. tooltip fix from Microsoft.)
    The hot fix file is not directly available form the MS web site. In case anyone is interested I've put a copy of the file on some web space here. The fix is for winXP and cures the tooltip problem for me.

Please don't publicise my URL as my webspace won't stand too many downloads, if you know others who'll find it useful then please get them to contact MS or set up your own mirror of the file. (the file is available for free if you email microsoft, and they responded very quickly to my request.)

http://forum.folding-community.org/viewtopic.php?t=2301&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=tips&start=0

It has a few suggestions on the last page.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    :thumbup

Thx. Fixed the problem.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    Cool. What exactly fixed it?
    edited July 2003
    The windows update patchy thing
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Great Job Shwaip.... My XP systems all have the same probelm... but not anymore. Thanks.
    edited July 2003
    Maybe that would be a good thing to have in the folding sticky///on the web page. It'd be a good idea to host it at S-M tho.