Watch this space.

danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
edited July 2003 in Milestones
According to Foldingatwork.com, I will have 4000 points in about 5.75 days. I am currently averaging 59.53 points per day. That would bring me from the ranking of 182 to 177

At the next step of 5000 points would be around 22 days from now, would bring a big jump in standings due to the number of inactive and slower point gaining users in that range, jumping from around 177 to 157.

6000 points for me would take as much as 36-37 days, jumping to the point where deke-kun is at #140, who is an inactive user.

It would take me close to 6 months to reach 10,000 points.

(all of this based on current numbers)

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    Go get em Dan. With a 2.25 you should be getting more points/day than that. I can almost do that with a ~1.7 AMD.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited July 2003
    On more than one occasion, I forgot to restart F@H after playing a game, and I didn't restart it until 8 to 9 hours later.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    man i might have to like tap into the neighbors electricity and start folding 24/7 again...no way im gonna let dan catch me!. ;)

fc
    edited July 2003
    LOL, oh, and fatcat, click on the "Please update to version 2.5a here", don't expect Park to do it for you.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    there is no reason to stop FAH before you play your game. Just run it all the time
    edited July 2003
    shwaip said
    there is no reason to stop FAH before you play your game. Just run it all the time

Why should I do that, the game is always going to take 100% of the CPU cycles when it runs, right? So there really isn't a point to be running it while playing - I think.:scratch:

I always did that when I ran SETI@Home.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    danball1976 said
    On more than one occasion, I forgot to restart F@H after playing a game, and I didn't restart it until 8 to 9 hours later.

danball1976 said

Why should I do that, the game is always going to take 100% of the CPU cycles when it runs, right? So there really isn't a point to be running it while playing - I think.:scratch:

I always did that when I ran SETI@Home.

see above quote for answer.
    edited July 2003
    Um, ok, I guess I'll keep it running and see how it affects the game.:buck:
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    dan, it only uses idle cpu cycles...so when the game is running it will not slow down the performance of the game at all...also games dont use 100% cpu all the time, if u ever notice the temps while folding gromacs will usally be a little higher than temps when playing a game.

fc
    edited July 2003
    Yeah, I have notices the temps while folding gromacs are higher than temps when playing a game.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    shwaip said

I have had noticeable slowdowns in Max Payne and GTA3 runs noticbly slower when F@H is running for me, so I had to close them before hand as I didnt want to put up with slower frame rates.

NS
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    NightShade737 said
    shwaip said

I have had noticeable slowdowns in Max Payne and GTA3 runs noticbly slower when F@H is running for me, so I had to close them before hand as I didnt want to put up with slower frame rates.

NS

I've noticed the same. In theory there should be no difference, but in practice there are a few exceptions.