Help

edited July 2004 in Hardware
Hi my cd rom and dvd rom have not work lately and on my device manager it say
[Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device. ]

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2004
    Boot up in Safe Mode and delete the drives from Device Manager. Reboot and see if Windows can find them and straighten things out.

If that doesn't do it, repeat the above process and also delete everything you can under IDE Controllers. :)
  • edited July 2004
    pro i tried that but it still have te same error any other ideas?
  • dodododo Landisville, PA
    edited July 2004
    have you made any changes to your system recently? like new drivers, new hardware, etc?
  • edited July 2004
    well it happen right after i accidently install this thing called nero image drive..
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2004
    Try running the "Update" tool in Nero to bring the program up-to-date. If that doesn't work, uninstall it in Control Panel ==>> Add/Remove programs. If that still doesn't get it, use regedit's "Find" tool and delete every reference to Nero you find. Do this only if you have enough experience editing the registry to avoid deleting the wrong thing!

Make sure you have your Nero disc handy to reinstall the basic software you need. :)
  • edited July 2004
    well everything before i install image driver withc came with nero work great than after i install it it happen . and i unistall all the nero stuff and still wont work. :(
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    IF what you have is Nero Ultra Edition 6.0, there are several packs you will want right from http://www.nero.com/ and some of them fix device issues.

Note that Nero Express also has some upgrades there.

Ahead reworked their detailled URLs some, some Nero software will no longer autoupdate.

Also, in XP, there is a Removable Storage service. IF you manage to disable that then you can get a mess with CD change detects, and probably also floppy change detects. In XP you want this on fro best detect of new inserted CD's, DVD's, floppies, etc. This might also apply to 2000.

Can you tell us more about what the CD or DVD drive is not doing that it used to do????
  • edited July 2004
    well john my cd and dvd drive wont respond to the disk i put in also if u check in my computer there only drive there is c drive and the floopy drive
  • edited July 2004
    Nvm Ty Jhon It Work Ty For The Site I Luv U Man!!