Persitance has it payoffs

edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
edited July 2004 in Folding@Home
I am now in 40th,
under 1,400 overall,
and this with four used machines.
(two of them are still KT7As with TBirds)
I need a couple of brews for a little party.

It is great working with you guys.
I have learned a lot and intend to stay around as long as I can.

Now, how do we get the team production up????

Comments

• edited July 2004
    I'm not sure what to do on the team production, but my production should start picking up real soon. A friend that is folding for me had to reinstall his os while I was at work and I went to his place yesterday and set the client back up on his machine, which is a mobile XP running at 2300 Mhz. Plus, my RMA Antec psu came in on Friday and I installed it back into my watercooled dually and it booted up OK, nothing got fried when the psu blew up. :D My only problem is that I'm going to have to find a spot to set up a dedicated folding rig at somone else's house as my computer room is now maxed out, with 1 machine offline right now due to space and heat. I'm hoping that I can set it up at my brother's house as he has cable access so it can stay online and producing; another option is setting it up at my wife's sister's house. Each place has drawbacks though, so I have to decide which way to go.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Two of my boxes are at work. Their AC, power and network connection.
    The two here drive me crazy keeping up with two clents each and dial up.
    Hey, as long as there are empty offices they won't notice.
    Mudd, you need a basement.....
  • edited July 2004
    edcentric wrote:
    Mudd, you need a basement.....

Hehe, that's pretty much a practical impossibility here in soggy bottom Looziannnna Ed. If you dig a 2 foot deep hole here and come back the next day it will have at least a foot of water in it, the water table is so high. :bawling: You would have to make that basement totally watertight and then would have to fight it from floating out of the ground too. :eek2:
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    LOL ...we don't even bury the dead underground here ed! 6 feet under is how we refer to the chico aquifer!

just keep rollin in those wu's and share some of those beers too!! Hehe :cheers:
  • edited July 2004
    What you call a basement we'd call a swimming pool here. The water table is only a few feet beneath the ground in most locations in south Louisiana.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    I know, just yanking your chain. Can't belive that I got all three of you to comment.
    This area of Wisconsin is all glacial till. I live on a hill that is a pile of rocks. In fact here it is moraine and rock down about 150'.
    This is the first basement that I have had. It sure is nice. Cool and no worry about the noise. Now to find a way to keep the sawdust from my shop out of the computers....