prometeia phase change system

TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
edited July 2004 in Hardware
OK so if its designed for say a p4 can you swap the connector part and make it work with an AMD? Do you ever see these suckers used? If so what do they cost? Whats the drawbacks?

Tex

Comments

• TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited July 2004
    a few people over at icrontic have them (mackanz and citrixmeta, <i>i believe</i>)

however nventiv, the company that manufactures them, went bankrupt and thus no longer supports the product. in other words, if you manage to bork your whole system with it, you get to deal with it.

having said that, yes they have connectors for many different sockets, they'll run you around $1000 for the mach II, and it'll cool your cpu to somewhere around -40C.
    the only drawback i can think of is the system will only cool your cpu, nots not a loop like a WC system is
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    maybe this article will help ...Mounting a Prometia or Vapochill on AMD A64/FX51
    I didn't read the article but maybe it will offer some sort of tip or hint.
    Good luck!
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited July 2004
    I had a line on some cheap ones but since the company went bankrupt trying to get parts seems to big of a problem since all my stuff now and in the future will be amd64bit

Tex
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited July 2004
    Over here I've heard that 3rd party manufactures will be developing amd64 mounting kits. I certainly know of one place that is & will also be continuing to support the product as best it can. (presumably sourcing spares from component suppliers)
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited July 2004
    Tex, there are interchangable mounting kits for the Prometeia. P4 kits, A64 kits, AXP kits.

Simply replace the parts that come in the mounting kit on the cooling head and it's good to go.

However, since NVentiV went tits up, all the mounting kits have shot up in price like mad and can be unusually difficult to come by.