VB Ignore Functions

ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited July 2004 in Community
Can it be expanded to outrightly leave no trace that the ignored person ever posted?

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Thrax wrote:
    Can it be expanded to outrightly leave no trace that the ignored person ever posted?
    In what way??

So that you wouldn't even see the "this person is on your ignore list" ??
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Precisely.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Il' have to take a look at the code.

As Im working on the next VB3 upgrade, I will see if I can incorperate it into that.

ETA: A week (potentially this coming Sunday).
    edited July 2004
    Cool beans. Code on, Dan.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited July 2004
    Why would you want to ignore anybody to that extent if you don't mind me asking?
  • edited July 2004
    Because sometimes there are some people which aggravate you so much, you don't want to have to read their post.

Yet, if you can plainly see they posted (but not the post itself, or in this case the "This person is on your ignore list" bit), curiosity would get the better of you, you'd read the post, and get yourself all riled up over something which you could of avoided had you not even seen they had posted to begin with.
  • edited July 2004
    Sounds like a self-control issue. :p
    edited July 2004
    I'm under the idea that "Ignore" means to see/hear/understand no trace of that which you're ignoring.

Not much of an ignore feature if the person you're trying to ignore is still right there to see. :)
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited July 2004
    And I can live with his name in a thread but I just want to quit getting emails when we reply to the same topic... (long sigh.....)

Tex