More power added!!!

Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy KnobPflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
edited July 2004 in Folding@Home
If anyone has payed attention to my sig they would have seen "Something new is coming.......watch this space!!!" at the bottom. Well I just added 2 more AMD powered rigs to my farm this weekend. I now have 5 machines with over 2GHz AMD powere each running F@H! It will probably take a day or so for it to all kick in gear as each of the 2 new machines got 248 pointers on the first work assignment. :D

Now to keep this place cool for the hot Texas Summer! :eek2:

:smokin:

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    I was watching and waiting and wondering actually!
    What voltage are you running it at?
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2004
    I saw that too. Nice additions!!
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Got 2 of the 35W Mobiles from NE when I got mine as I figured I would an extra one to good use. Then I got a hot deal on 2 NF7's. I finally got the time and went to Fry's for some RAM and PSU's then put them online Monday 7/5.

The XP-M2200 (35W) @ 11.5x224 is 1.8v and the XP-M2200 (35W) @ 11.5x200 is 1.65. From what I can see they are about equal to an XP-M2600 (45W) and a lot cheaper. :D

Now I need to find an inexpensive 4 port KVM swithch with USB so I can use my keyboard on the other machines.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited July 2004
    Been curious about "watch this space". Thought it was going to be advertising, hehehe. :wink:

Seriously though, nice additions to your farm. :thumbsup:

Got to love those kvm switches. Sally has 3 daisy-chained to check her puters. :)
    edited July 2004
    Thought I found a KVM for cheap. It was $16.99 but didn't include cables. The cheapest I found for cables is $8.00 per set! :hair:
  • edited July 2004
    Yeah, a decent kvm with cables isn't real cheap, but it sure is nice. I have a 4 port and a 2 port kvm switches and they make managing a farm easy.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2004
    Go look on ebay. Aranyic and I got one each for $25 with cables. Its not the best 4 port swtich but it works. I sats it doesnt work with a scrool wheel but it does. It doesnt have a high resolution either but none of the bothers me.
    edited July 2004
    mmonnin wrote:
    Go look on ebay. Aranyic and I got one each for $25 with cables. Its not the best 4 port swtich but it works. I sats it doesnt work with a scrool wheel but it does. It doesnt have a high resolution either but none of the bothers me.
    Thank you, I will have to keep an eye out on ebay.