2 Soundcards for Mixing

MadasafishMadasafish Aylesbury (UK)
edited July 2004 in Hardware
This is probably a long shot!!
I have a program by 'Native Instruments' called Traktor DJ Studio 2.5 which is for mixing MP3's. The program is very good if only I could get it to work!
The problem I have is that I have 2 soundcards, the onboard sound which is on the Nvidia motherboard and the second one is a Creative labs soundblaster. My speakers are plugged into the onboard sound and my headphones are plugged into the soundblaster. When I run up the program and go into settings for audio I can see both the soundcards but when I choose the Nvidia for the main output it selects it for the master and the monitor and won't let me choose the soundblaster for monitor so I can't use the headphones to monitor the second track. This also happens if I choose the soundblaster as the master it won't let me choose the onboard for the monitor. I had an earlier demo version which worked absolutely fine. I have tried to contact NI's support team but they are about as useful as a chocolate teaspoon. I hope someone else out there has this piece of software and can help me out?

Many Thanks.