Corsair Value

ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
edited July 2004 in Hardware
I got my hands on a K8N NEO Athlon 64 board.. however, tis very cranky with old TwinMOS branded memory :(

I've been doing some reading up and Corsair Value is recommended heavily as good memory to use with this board.. and Athlon 64 overall.

My K8T has always run ok with this memory abeit with some minor glitches, so perhaps it's just time to face the facts that I need some better memory.

Anyone have any experience with Corsair Value at all? :)

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    It's not very fast. Timings are lacking, and it doesn't overclock worth a damn, however if both timings and the ability to overclock aren't within your concern, then it comes with my recommendation as a reliable and consistent subset of the Corsair brand. For what it's worth. :)
  • MJOMJO Denmark New
    edited July 2004
    Thrax wrote:
    It's not very fast. Timings are lacking, and it doesn't overclock worth a damn, however if both timings and the ability to overclock aren't within your concern, then it comes with my recommendation as a reliable and consistent subset of the Corsair brand. For what it's worth. :)

I agree, it is definately not worse than other cheap memory.
    In fact I believe that it is a bit better, it is Corsair after all.
    I'd rather have Corsair Value than Crap Value. ;D
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    I totally agree with those guys. ;)
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Shorty wrote:
    I got my hands on a K8N NEO Athlon 64 board.. however, tis very cranky with old TwinMOS branded memory :(

I've been doing some reading up and Corsair Value is recommended heavily as good memory to use with this board.. and Athlon 64 overall.

My K8T has always run ok with this memory abeit with some minor glitches, so perhaps it's just time to face the facts that I need some better memory.

Anyone have any experience with Corsair Value at all? :)

Corsair value select twin packs are decent, and the two sticks are timed the same as each other and tested so. Better, is Corsair LLPT for both Athlon 64 and Opteron, and P4 Prescotts. Avoid relaxed timing'd Dual Channel if you want best results and have a dual Channel board-- most especially with AMD, less but still significantly better so, with Prescott. Better yet, is L2PT Corsair, if you are talking same base speeds.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Thanks guys :)

The reason for going for Corsair Value is that the Athlon 64 doesn't:

1) Overclock worth a damn (even with locked AGP/PCI)
    2) Memory timings are not overly critical to performance improvement.
    3) It's been recommended several times to me.