I cant log into windows!

SquillSquill Chesterfield, Va
edited August 2004 in Hardware
okay so this is really pissing me off, today I tried to log into my windows xp machine and as soon as I logged in it's logs me right back out, I tried doing the same thing in safe mode and that did the same exact thing, The only thing that comes up is the start-up music then you can see the desktop background and then it logs back out. I cant even log into Administrator, I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this problem or what-not. I really dont wanna reformat my computer, Thanks!

Comments

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    I've had this probl;em if my pagefile was turned off or set too low. I'm not sure how to turn it up without logging in, so wait for someone else to post. I just thought I'd throw a possible scenario out there.
  • SquillSquill Chesterfield, Va
    edited July 2004
    as it turns out I had a virus, I looked it up on google. So I'm just doing a repair install so I dont lose all my stuff
  • edited August 2004
    i have had the same prob and called oem and they said it was a virus and i see you have found it is a virus too...i did endup doing restore but had asked which virus and they were not speaking english well enough for me to understand which virus ... can you pls tell me which virus it was
    much appreciated
  • edited August 2004
    IF anybody out there has an answer to this, i'd appreciate it. I'm having the same problem. Cant log in to winxp not even in safe mode. Cant do system restore either. NEED HELP ASAP. THANKS!
  • SquillSquill Chesterfield, Va
    edited August 2004
    manolin923 wrote:
    IF anybody out there has an answer to this, i'd appreciate it. I'm having the same problem. Cant log in to winxp not even in safe mode. Cant do system restore either. NEED HELP ASAP. THANKS!

Sorry but my only solution to this problem is to reformat and reinstall :-/
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2004
    Have any of your guys ran HJT lately right before you had this problem??

I ran it once and accidently deleted a file and it caused my computer to get where it would say logging in and it would log right back out. Safe mode, Admin, everything.

A repair didnt work either. Only way around it is to replace the deleted file or to do a complete reinstall of the OS.

I see that the newest version of HJT does not have that file show up.