The State of Rhino

t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
edited July 2004 in Folding@Home
Well, after a long and painful IT audit here at work, I can move onto getting some rigs folding again. :Canflag:

There are some issues though. Now, all internet access must go through MS Proxy, and I am not allowed to bypass the proxy and go directly to the router for Folding.
Since Folding is not compatible with MS Proxy, what other options do I have?

thx,
t1rhino

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2004
    You can try entering the proxy info into the client.

You dont have your own computer folding at all? Your production has gone to zero since you lost all your work computers.
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited July 2004
    My home computer is fubared, and I don't have the time to fix it. My workload is slowing down, so hopefully I will be able to fix it soon.
    MS Proxy rejects the Folding client... There must be a way around it.
  • edited July 2004
    Is there any way for MS proxy to be configured so that it doesn't reject the client on the server end? You could also post this question over at the folding community forums and see if anyone else had worked through this problem.
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited July 2004
    Hey Rhino, I was worried about you when i saw that drop in production. I hope you'll find a way through that proxy.
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited July 2004
    Well, I have figured out how to get through the proxy for now. I just hope that it doesn't screw anything up.

If you enable Basic Authentication on MS Proxy, and supply the Folding client with a valid user/pwd, it will connect.

However, when regular domain users that don't have internet access open IE, they get a user/pwd prompt that does not show if you only have integrated authentication enabled.

Well, it will work for now. Let's just hope the Folding coders add support for socks5 soon.

I should start turning in some points within the next couple hours.
    :celebrate :D
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Go rhino!
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Sweet! :Canflag:
  • edited July 2004
    Just in a nick of time too with prime right on your tail. Glad to see you're getting back on your feet.

KF
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited July 2004
    Good news, glad to see you back in action.
  • edited July 2004
    Just couldn't stand prime and me coming up on you, huh? :usflag:

Seriously though, glad to see you are getting back up again, T1. :thumbsup:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2004
    No one ever got to 400K+ by being a quitter. I know it must have been a blow to have your rigs shut down like that - glad to see you back in action.

You can't keep a good man down! :):thumbsup:
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    t1rhino wrote:
    Well, I have figured out how to get through the proxy for now. I just hope that it doesn't screw anything up.

If you enable Basic Authentication on MS Proxy, and supply the Folding client with a valid user/pwd, it will connect.

However, when regular domain users that don't have internet access open IE, they get a user/pwd prompt that does not show if you only have integrated authentication enabled.

Well, it will work for now. Let's just hope the Folding coders add support for socks5 soon.

I should start turning in some points within the next couple hours.
    :celebrate :D
    :smokin: Congrats!!!
  • qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited July 2004
    w00t canadian power! :)
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2004
    GREAT!! We could use it right about now.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    :rockon: Great work, t1!
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited July 2004
    Onya, t1.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate