JV16 No Longer free :(

MERRICKMERRICK In the studio or on a stage
edited July 2003 in Science & Tech
"The long development and testing process is now over, the jv16 PowerTools 1.4 is finally here.

This might, however, be a sad news for some of you, since from now on the jv16 PowerTools is no longer freeware. The decision to convert it to a commercial product wasn't easy for the program's original author, Jouni Vuorio. He has been working in the field of freeware system maintenance tools from the age of 17, now at the age of 21 he had to made the call. The biggest actual change will be in the quality of the software.

Also, as a thanks from Jouni all the people who have helped him with the development of jv16 PowerTools 1.4 have received a personal license for free..."

http://www.macecraft.com/

JV got a lot of Kudos from the Utilities Poll.

IMHO the kid made a mistake. Keep it free and get to work on something that you can charge $ for. JV16 put ya on the map. Now it'll take you off.

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    I noticed when I was gonna download Registry Cleaner yesterday. I'm staying with the older version.