Just got a new laptop!

edited July 2004 in Hardware
Today I picked up my new (to me) laptop. It's a 3 month old IBM Thinkpad T40 with the following specs:

1.5 ghz Centrino
512 RAM
40 Gig HD
ATI 7500 32mb (didn't buy it for gaming :) )
CDRW/DVD
802.11b wireless (Intel Card)
Windows XP Pro

So far the thing's amazing. It seems as though it performs just as well as my main PC (except video intensive). It weighs about 4.5 pounds, has a reported battery capacity of 5.5-7 hours and is 1 inch thick. Not to mention the build quality is amazing. The wireless card works wonderfully, it took seconds to setup via my Linksys router and I was getting a "Very Good" connection outside my house and right now in the opposite side of the house and upstairs. I was looking for a lappy to use to commute with me back and forth to school since my main PC will have to stay where it is. The only other laptop I was considering was the Emachines M6809, but it was far too heavy and the battery life was way too short for my needs. I saved a bundle buying this slightly used from a member at Anandtech (it still had the protective tape on it). The best part about it is the fact that the warranty is good until 2007.

Just thought I'd share the good news, I'm super happy with it thus far :celebrate

-DaK

(I'll have some pics up tomorrow most likely)