SM18 is down

edited July 2004 in Folding@Home
I just found out SM18 hasn't been turning in WUs for a while. Seeing as how I cannot VNC in and I wont be at the office tommrow, I'm going to ask Brian to take a look at it.

With any luck, the cord got pulled again or something simple like that.

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2004
    Dont you have EM3 running on your computer?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Check it when you get to work every morning :P
  • edited July 2004
    Check it when you get to work every morning :P

Very good idea! :cool:

You also need to set up EMIII on another computer like Marc said, so that you can monitor SM18. If EMIII loses connection with the client on SM18, then you know that something's amiss right away.
  • edited July 2004
    I spose I could try, thing is it's not exactly the first thing I think about when I get there, that's if I even go to the office at all (I often end up working at other offices mantaining other machines).

I just wish EM wasn't so false alarm prone either...
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2004
    I saw it on your computer and it was going off since SM18 wasnt on when we were at sarcnet. You dont really have to watch it with EM3. It will tell you most of the time when something is wrong.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    It had restarted and was waiting for a password. Dave, maybe you should install F@H as a service instead of the console client, that way it will continue folding if it reboots or whatever. Make sure you add the -service flag if you do that. At any rate, it's back up now.
  • edited July 2004
    Ohkay. Well thanks!