About SM5's lack of production...

CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
edited July 2004 in Folding@Home
Just so you guys don't think I'm slacking, I noticed it's lack of production. Our DSL modem recently got nailed with lightning from all the nasty storms we've been having lately. Bellsouth finally replaced it, and there's something screwy going on with their network. I haven't had a lot of opportunity to look into it, because we've had a massive influx of work lately. I've been working 40 hour weeks. I was hired to work 20.

So, if I get a chance this week, I'll really dig around to see what's up. If not, I won't be able to do anything until the weekend. But I promise I'll get on it ASAP.

Sorry, guys.

Comments

• edited July 2004
    Thanks for the update, Cyclonite! Be sure to let us know what you find out when you get time to look at it; if anything's gotten messed up from the lightning strike you took in the DSL modem we might have to send you some repair parts. :)
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    I think the computer itself is fine. There seem to be issues with the other connections in the house as well. It's too bad I'm stuck at work. Arg! Heh.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2004
    Thank for the update Trekky!;)
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    I forgot to update you guys on this one!

It seems that SM5 was actually getting work units and working on them the entire time she was "down." I had a little talk with my ISP, and it seems when they replaced the modem, it does things a little differently. This appeared to be stopping F@H from sending the work units in. I had to make some changes to the modem config. I've never had a cable/DSL modem that had it's own config before. Well, one that I was allowed to access as a user.

Anyway, once I got everything straightened out, SM5 turned in 9 WU's that day. She should be back up and running 100% now. :)